- Awards
- 21
Well, sure, but I think he's talking about the same things I was talking about.Since when was Dynasty about class?![]()
Well, sure, but I think he's talking about the same things I was talking about.Since when was Dynasty about class?![]()
Well, sure, but I think he's talking about the same things I was talking about.
I'll watch the first 11, then see if I want to continue.![]()
No... Not at all.Didn't Dallas start off all camp and caricature? And then turned into something more serious and layered as time went on?
Since when was Dynasty about class?![]()
Since the moment I realised John Forsythe NEVER had sex with Linda Evans on his desk. Thank God for that.
But if you disagree, then that's okay. No... Not at all.
Oh Ked, i SO envy you, i really do! I wish i didn't know Dallas already and could be in your position right now!
The only thing i'm a little "afraid" of as a devoted Dynasty fan is, that you might end up liking Dallas more than Dynasty, because chances for that are not considerably low.![]()
We already covered that issue.![]()
I doubt it. I might end up liking Dallas *as* much as Dynasty, but I can't see myself becoming as obsessed with it.
The only problem right now is getting a hold of all the episodes, because, unlike what @Karin Schill suggested, my public library doesn't have any of them. I don't want to spend money on any dvds, either. Sigh, I remember the gold old days when the entirety of Dynasty was on youtube...
That's too bad.![]()
Maybe one of your friends have the DVD's and you can borrow the show
I don't have any friends. At least not in real life. All my friends are people I know online, because I'm better at expressing myself over a keyboard. And none of the people I do know in real life would have it anyway. or some streaming device has it?
I don't like that Steven has changed from being a sensitive, empathetic intellectual to a snarky "mean girl"
"Dumbed down" is the phrase that entered my mind after watching the trailer. [clipped]
I don't like that Steven has changed from being a sensitive, empathetic intellectual to a snarky "mean girl"; there's a "Real Housewives" vibe here that I really dislike.
How can Steven be "the black sheep" for being gay in 2017? It made sense in 1981, but for a young man in 2017 (and in a rich family) it's laughable. Either this is a more evolved portrayal of a gay man's life (as some are praising it to be), or they want to have their cliches and eat them too.
That's exactly how I see the trailer except "Real Housewives" compared to Dynasty 2.0 is better scripted.there's a "Real Housewives" vibe here that I really dislike.
Depends how you look it. From what I've seen from the trailer I'm not sure if the elevator scene was meant to be shocking to the viewer. I found it a yawn. If Dynasty 2.0 wanted to portray a modern gay man's life the writers would have been best to have Steven married, living in the Carrington mansion with possibly a kid. Now that would have been brave. Present a happily married couple...oh wait this is Dynasty 2017. We need shock value. Has anyone told the writers that Queer as Folk ended years ago?Either this is a more evolved portrayal of a gay man's life
How about the new Joseph? I'm sure you all can think of something that's wrong with him.
His face is not totally symmetrical. I don't like him.
I will probably never be able to be objective about any Steven other than Al Corley in the first two seasons (even Jack Coleman was too much for me), but this one seemed like a one-note character, and that may be giving him one note too many.
If Dynasty 2.0 wanted to portray a modern gay man's life the writers would have been best to have Steven married, living in the Carrington mansion with possibly a kid. Now that would have been brave. Present a happily married couple...