- Awards
- 4
I hate the tone. And what's up with Cristal? Is she supposed to be a bitch? That catfight is taking place too early, the animosity is too explicit for pilot.
It's not what I expected, but then I'm not sure what I was expecting.
Unfortunately, it's just what I expected.
As well as EMPIRE which is a disappointing thought.And I fear they'll be burning through fast-paced inanities like TNT's DALLAS.
I was expecting to hear the DYNASTY theme.
I feel like I'm the only one excited for this, then again I was excited for the Melrose reboot too. lol
It's pantomime from the very beginning.A scene from the pilot
They are much too bitchy for my taste, NuFallon has no class like PSM.
As well as EMPIRE which is a disappointing thought.
This just feels like yet another The O.C. / Gossip Girl / Melrose Place mashed into one.
I agree. If they were trying to redo a Spelling show they succeeded. Only they did the wrong one, in fact they did all of the cheesy soapy cliché things in the pilot. The show has no depths of awfulness to plumb. How can it get any worse?EMPIRE started out great though. And you could tell from the promos. And its tone was just right. They just didn't know how to keep it going.
Scrap that! No. I know what this show feels like. It feels like TITANS.
Has everyone here seen TITANS? Aaron Spelling's very own attempt at dragging DYNASTY into the new millennium from the fall of 2000?
This is TITANS. Spelling had Melrose people do DYNASTY, The CW has The O.C. people do it.
You had Perry King with a gold-digging trophy wife Yasmine Bleeth, a semi-drunken John Barrowman who was straight on the show but could've easily been gay exchanging bitchy lines with step-mommy, a nouveau riche gauche mansion like this one, a super-cheesy dialogue getting progressively worse as the series went on... Even the cloudy outdoor wedding in the pilot looks similar.
I'm telling you, guys, this is TITANS in HD.
![]()