We have Steven Carrinfton

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
It seems as if every good news is balanced out by something bad, so I'm still none the wiser how good or bad this show is going to be.

I have no idea who this person is but he looks like he could be John Barrowman's lover. Somehow that doesn't sound good.
:think:

Let's hope he's a great actor.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
It seems as if every good news is balanced out by something bad, so I'm still none the wiser how good or bad this show is going to be.

I have no idea who this person is but he looks like he could be John Barrowman's lover. Somehow that doesn't sound good.
:think:

Let's hope he's a great actor.
I hope he can act blonde. Steven is Blonde. He's blonder than he is gay.
 

James from London

International Treasure
LV
6
 
Awards
18
I didn't think or expected anything from the original show because I didn't know it was coming.

I remember reading about it in advance because it was a year or two before it was shown over here and Joan Collins was already well known in the UK. In fact, I think I saw a picture of her and Cecil's deathbed wedding before I'd even seen the first episode. But it didn't really occur to me to have an actual opinion on the show. I just looked forward to it.

It kind of reminds me of a routine that comedian Adam Bloom used to do about parties and how your attitude changes to them as you get older. When a six-year-old gets invited to a birthday party, you never hear them say, "Oh it'll probably be crap, I won't bother going."

I think the internet encourages one to think everything's going to be crap before it happens. Daniel Craig was going to be a crap James Bond because he was blond and James Bond had never been blond. Matt Smith was going to be a crap Doctor Who because he was young and Doctor Who had never been young, etc.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
It's not all negativity on this forum, I think many fans are very curious what it's going to be like.
I don't have a problem with changes, actually I prefer it to be an alternative Dynasty rather than an exact copy with similar looking actors, although I would watch that too.
My opinion about the casting - good or bad - is only based on the images posted here, and it's not like they're going to look completely different on the show.
On a forum where people discuss Dynasty, it's hard not to have an opinion of it.

So when I see who they cast as Cristal (not Krystle, apparently) then all I can think of is, they're going to need a miracle to make that work.
I'm not determined to dislike her, if she turns out to be a great character then I'll be the first one to shout it from the rooftops.
But I would lie if I'd say that I look forward to watch her as Mrs Carrington.

Also, I'm not so sure that a 6 year old child can't have any expectations based on the information it has beforehand.
But that shouldn't be the reason to go or not to go to the party.
I, for one, never liked the circus, but my mother ignored my protests and we went to the circus. I still didn't like it, but I had a great time because there were many other children from my class. The circus sucked yet the experience was great.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
He looks creepy. Just all wrong for Steven. He looks like he should be playing Cecil Colby in a flashback.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
The hair colour is a bigger deal than people think. Krystle as a brunette is all wrong unless Alexis is a blonde and that's just some bad juju out in the world even contemplating that. The same with a dark haired Steven.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
The hair colour is a bigger deal than people think. Krystle as a brunette is all wrong unless Alexis is a blonde and that's just some bad juju out in the world even contemplating that. The same with a dark haired Steven.

Imagine if they cast a blond for Adam. 0_0
 

James from London

International Treasure
LV
6
 
Awards
18
It's not all negativity on this forum, I think many fans are very curious what it's going to be like.

Fair dos. I haven't read most of the posts about the new series -- mostly just the thread titles -- so I guess I'm guilty of making judgements based on insufficient information which, ironically, is also what I was kinda-sorta not-in-so-many-words accusing other people of doing.
 

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Champion
LV
3
 
Awards
9
One thing the new Dynasty has going for it is that it's a complete reboot. Fans may not like every casting choice or writing decision, but at least it will have no bearing on the original series.

Perhaps they learned from the Dallas debacle. They chose to make it a continuation instead of a reboot, and managed to screw everything up in the process.
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
And he's another Aussie..
Stone the flamin' crows! Relax posters. If this Steven doesn't work he'll be sacrificed in a horrifying oil platform fire. Cut to the Carrington family gathered around a hospital bed grieving over a head covered patient. The best plastic surgeon in the world just happens to work at Atlanta General Hospital. When the bandages are removed the viewer will be relieved that the planets have re-aligned in the their Dynasty Universe with a blonde, drop dead hunk of a gay guy :lolo:
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Stone the flamin' crows! Relax posters. If this Steven doesn't work he'll be sacrificed in a horrifying oil platform fire. Cut to the Carrington family gathered around a hospital bed grieving over a head covered patient. The best plastic surgeon in the world just happens to work at Atlanta General Hospital. When the bandages are removed the viewer will be relieved that the planets have re-aligned in the their Dynasty Universe with a blonde, drop dead hunk of a gay guy :lolo:

And unlike LAST time, THIS time the fandom will rejoice. :lmao:
 
Top