Your dream cast

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
I know this thread is for a dream cast but if you want your dream to come true remember that it's The CW.
Liam Hemsworth surely wouldn't make the leap to TV to star on the CW.
Kristen Stewart is a film actress... Thank the lord.
Emma Roberts is out too I guess since she's all popular at FOX. Thank the lord.
Alexis Bledel is perfect but she's currently already in employment with the Netflix revival of The Gilmore Girls. I doubt she'd do a CW soap anyways.
Marcia Cross and Kristin Davis are probably too old for a CW audience, especially in a lead role.
Lesley Ann Down could maybe play Alexis' mother, I know she had a face lift but really. She was in Upstairs Downstairs in the 1970s. She's like 146.

Off the top of my head, I think a good contender for this reboot is Melinda Clarke who starred on the producers other hit show The OC.
She was that show's bitchy fun character. A watered down Alexis, with a bit more heart. She must be in her late '40s now which is perfect for Alexis. She's a green eyed, brunette vixen.




 
Last edited:

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
She's already contracted to the new Gilmore Girls continuation on Netflix.

Yeah, I heard about that. Although its actually only supposed to be 4 episodes, each 90 minutes long. Still plenty of time to do other projects. X)
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I know this thread is for a dream cast but if you want your dream to come true remember that it's The CW.
Liam Hemsworth surely wouldn't make the leap to TV to star on the CW.
Kristen Stewart is a film actress... Thank the lord.
Emma Roberts is out too I guess since she's all popular at FOX. Thank the lord.
Alexis Bledel is perfect but she's currently already in employment with the Netflix revival of The Gilmore Girls. I doubt she'd do a CW soap anyways.
Marcia Cross and Kristin Davis are probably too old for a CW audience, especially in a lead role.
Lesley Ann Down could maybe play Alexis' mother, I know she had a face lift but really. She was in Upstairs Downstairs in the 1970s. She's like 146.

Off the top of my head, I think a good contender for this reboot is Melinda Clarke who starred on the producers other hit show The OC.
She was that show's bitchy fun character. A watered down Alexis, with a bit more heart. She must be in her late '40s now which is perfect for Alexis. She's a green eyed, brunette vixen.





Ooooooooh! I like her! I like her very much! :D:D:D Okay, she's my personal top contender for the part. She's got "Alexis eyes" too! :D:D:D
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
I'd like to see Julianna Margulies in the role of super-bitch, but with Cristal being hispanic I guess there wouldn't be enough contrast.
Damn you Dynasty and your racial diversity policy:mad: It only seems to complicate things.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
I'd like to see Julianna Margulies in the role of super-bitch, but with Cristal being hispanic I guess there wouldn't be enough contrast.
Damn you Dynasty and your racial diversity policy:mad: It only seems to complicate things.
It really seems daft to me.
 

Toni

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
24
Lesley Ann Down could maybe play Alexis' mother, I know she had a face lift but really. She was in Upstairs Downstairs in the 1970s. She's like 146.
:rolling::rlol:
Off the top of my head, I think a good contender for this reboot is Melinda Clarke who starred on the producers other hit show The OC.
She was that show's bitchy fun character. A watered down Alexis, with a bit more heart. She must be in her late '40s now which is perfect for Alexis. She's a green eyed, brunette vixen.





Alexis, do you know that Ms. Clarke was on TNT Dallas? She was the new face of Tracey Lawton, Carter McKay's daughter, in 2 episodes. Poor Beth Toussaint probably celebrated that the show was canceled...

Clarke also was in a few episodes of "Gotham" Seasonb 2, in a wonderfully macabre role!! She was a combo of Morticia Adams and the Cinderella stepmother...
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
:rolling::rlol:


Alexis, do you know that Ms. Clarke was on TNT Dallas? She was the new face of Tracey Lawton, Carter McKay's daughter, in 2 episodes. Poor Beth Toussaint probably celebrated that the show was canceled...

Clarke also was in a few episodes of "Gotham" Seasonb 2, in a wonderfully macabre role!! She was a combo of Morticia Adams and the Cinderella stepmother...
She also had a recurring role on CSI as a vampy dominatrix. She's very good at that campy slightly OTT bitchiness. She was the only reason to watch The OC after season 1.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
But maybe it would be interesting to choose an actress who hasn't already done those kind of bitchy roles. Maybe even an actress known for her comedy roles - not the most obvious choice but sometimes it really works because you get to see this artist doing something *completely* different.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
But maybe it would be interesting to choose an actress who hasn't already done those kind of bitchy roles. Maybe even an actress known for her comedy roles - not the most obvious choice but sometimes it really works because you get to see this artist doing something *completely* different.
Yes, I was just suggesting her as she already had a good working relationship with Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. The actress may not even be interested in the project.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
And what's wrong with Kristin Stewart? She has the right age and she looks like Fallon. What more do you want?

View attachment 403

Well??

Keep her far away! That's one actress I really don't like. She fits better to play "drug-addicted prostitute corpse #2" on CSI.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
John Slattery as Blake would be awesome!!!

Stephanie Szostak as Claudia?

MV5BOTQ5MzMzNjU0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM3ODg3NzE@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg



Monica Cruz as Krystle?

MV5BMTMzOTE2MzA3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc5MzYxNw@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg



Dianna Agron as Fallon? I'm thinking that if Krystle is now dark-haired, the original Carringtons could be blonde for clearer contrast.

Ye27vPRR.jpeg
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
John Slattery as Blake would be awesome!!!

He's certainly a possibility. :D

Stephanie Szostak as Claudia?

MV5BOTQ5MzMzNjU0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM3ODg3NzE@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Maybe. I'm not familiar wit her work, but I love her look! :D

Monica Cruz as Krystle?

MV5BMTMzOTE2MzA3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc5MzYxNw@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Hm, I think she's a little too "sultry" for the part. Then again, I probably shouldn't judge any potential actors on the original character of Krystle... but then again, why *wouldn't* they have the new Krystle be at least *generally* like the old one? I think I'd like an actress who, like Linda Evans, can manage to look motherly and sexy all at once (I don't know how she did it, but she did it, and it was perfect for Krystle). :D

Dianna Agron as Fallon? I'm thinking that if Krystle is now dark-haired, the original Carringtons could be blonde for clearer contrast.

Ye27vPRR.jpeg

Not bad reasoning, but Fallon will always be a brunette to me. The original series had her as a brunette, a redhead, and a blonde, and only one of those worked. To me, Fallon, no matter who's playing her, should always have long, wavy brown hair.

Amanda, however, is a blonde and that should not change... but I'm not sure I'd cast Dianna Agron as her. Ironically, Agron seems more a Fallon-type than an Amanda. lol Maybe if she died her hair? XD
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
I wonder why Fallon will dislike hispanic Krystle in new Dynasty. I hope it's not for racist reason!! I rather hope it's because she's overly protective of her father and suspects that Krystle is a golddigger, wanting to snare a rich glamourous guy.

I would like for Krystle to have the potential to look luxurious. But I could imagine Fallon disliking Krystle if she actually looked like someone who could be a devious golddigger.

IMO, Krystle must not look too young & trashy. Blake isn't a Hugh Hefner type. That's why I wouldn't mind someone like Monica Cruz to play Krystle. She looks like a mix of a powerful woman & sexy mama.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
IMO, Krystle must not look too young & trashy. Blake isn't a Hugh Hefner type. That's why I wouldn't mind someone like Monica Cruz to play Krystle. She looks like a mix of a powerful woman & sexy mama.
Another reason the original casting was so perfect. It would have been hard to find a better Krystle than Linda Evans, she was beautiful, blonde, tanned with an amazing figure but never did she look trashy. She couldn't have. Evans had an angelic quality that will be very hard to replicate.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
What ages do you think the characters should be?
Should Krystle be the same age or younger than Blake?
How old would you like Fallon to be?

If I got to choose, I'd have Blake around 55-60, Krystle around 35-ish and Fallon around 30.
That way, it's easy to see why Fallon wouldn't be thrilled about her dad marrying someone who isn't old enough to be Fallon's mother. That's often a sensitive issue.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
Another reason the original casting was so perfect. It would have been hard to find a better Krystle than Linda Evans, she was beautiful, blonde, tanned with an amazing figure but never did she look trashy. She couldn't have. Evans had an angelic quality that will be very hard to replicate.

Truthfully, I never liked Linda Evans much. But her type was perfect for Krystle.
I'm thinking that if Fallon will dislike Krystle, maybe in year 2017, it would be better to not have Krystle be such an angelic person. If she was perfect & very likable, then why would Fallon dislike her? Something's got to bother her, or Fallon will come off as a bitchy spoiled snob.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
Truthfully, I never liked Linda Evans much. But her type was perfect for Krystle.
I'm thinking that if Fallon will dislike Krystle, maybe in year 2017, it would be better to not have Krystle be such an angelic person. If she was perfect & very likable, then why would Fallon dislike her? Something's got to bother her, or Fallon will come off as a bitchy spoiled snob.
Wasn't that kind of the point with Fallon. She was a bitchy spoiled snob, sorta. She didn't like Krystle simply for the fact that she was taking her father away from her. Fallon would no longer be lady of the house. And I think that can still be the same in 2017.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
Wasn't that kind of the point with Fallon. She was a bitchy spoiled snob, sorta. She didn't like Krystle simply for the fact that she was taking her father away from her. Fallon would no longer be lady of the house. And I think that can still be the same in 2017.

I don't know if I could relate to that these days. I don't think it's realistic that Fallon would still live with her dad after the age of 20-25.
I feel that there's got to be more to it, or I wouldn't be able to see Fallon's point of view. I can think of 4 scenarios:
1. Fallon is slightly racist (making her not rootable at all)
2. Fallon is almost the same age as Krystle, making her feel Krystle is a gooddigger, therefore not trustworthy.
3. Fallon & Krystle are the same age, either former best friends or if they disliked each other.
4. Fallon is hoping that Blake ends up with someone else she has in mind (either her parents reuniting, or another candidate that she loves).

The most realistic reason (according to me), is number 2. It's so common that rich guys marries much younger women, and I know I would not like it if my dad were to get involved with someone in her 30s (if he and mom had split up, that is). That would disgust me.
 
Top