Your dream cast

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
With all this talk about casting, are we to assume Alexis will be British this time around or has she been lurking around America since her divorce from Blake.
 

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
Heh, good point, but if I see her onscreen, I'm only go think of Bella. And I don't want to think of Bella when I look at Fallon.

OOOOOH, I like that idea, yes yes yes! :D:D:D



Hmmm, not entirely sold, but I have no objections to that choice either. :D I always thought he had a villainous face, and was playing the wrong part in Law & Order. But yeah.



Yes. :D



Hah. lol Well, these scenes, among countless others, are why I would choose her at all:

(skip to 1:29)
(skip to 0:38)

But like I've said countless times, Alexis Bledel is still my #1 choice. :D

My problem is I think she should be blonde to be opposit Krystal who I'm guessing will now be a brunette.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
My problem is I think she should be blonde to be opposit Krystal who I'm guessing will now be a brunette.

No. Fallon is not blonde. I don't have a problem with Alexis being blonde, but not Fallon. The original series had Fallon as a brunette, a redhead, and a blonde, but theonly color that worked was brunette.

If you want a young blonde Carrington, look to Amanda. There's your blonde. Or to Steven, he was blond. But not Fallon.

Fallon is not blonde.
 

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
No. Fallon is not blonde. I don't have a problem with Alexis being blonde, but not Fallon. The original series had Fallon as a brunette, a redhead, and a blonde, but theonly color that worked was brunette.

If you want a young blonde Carrington, look to Amanda. There's your blonde. Or to Steven, he was blond. But not Fallon.

Fallon is not blonde.

I respectfully disagree. I think a blonde who isn't a stereotype is the right way to go. But we'll see what they do.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I respectfully disagree. I think a blonde who isn't a stereotype is the right way to go. But we'll see what they do.

The only blonde stereotypes I can think are the following 3: the ditzy blonde, the mean/evil blonde, and the Big Good blonde. And we had all of those on the original show.

Besides, like I said, Amanda can still be the show's blonde, and she doesn't have to be a stereotype. :)

But yeah, like you said, we just have to wait and see what they end up doing.
 

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
The only blonde stereotypes I can think are the following 3: the ditzy blonde, the mean/evil blonde, and the Big Good blonde. And we had all of those on the original show.

Besides, like I said, Amanda can still be the show's blonde, and she doesn't have to be a stereotype. :)

But yeah, like you said, we just have to wait and see what they end up doing.

Should be interesting. I also hope that Krystal doesn't become a token minority.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Should be interesting. I also hope that Krystal doesn't become a token minority.

Agreed. I hope they bring in Dominique, who remains black - and actually gets interesting storylines. Plus, if they bring in Sammy Jo, by default she'd have to be Hispanic too.
 

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
Agreed. I hope they bring in Dominique, who remains black - and actually gets interesting storylines. Plus, if they bring in Sammy Jo, by default she'd have to be Hispanic too.

More I think about it the more I'd make the Colby family black as well as Krystal's Hispanic family. Just an idea.
 

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
I looked up a list of Hispanic actresses, and so far here are all the ones that I think have the right 'look' for a Hispanic Krystle:

Roselyn Sanchez

View attachment 492

Morena Baccarin

View attachment 493

Leonor Varela (she was on the new DALLAS)

View attachment 494

Daniella Alonso


View attachment 495

Or reasonably so, anyway. I could be wrong, but these ladies might be a step in the right direction - again, just in the looks department. I have no idea what kind of actors they are.

I think It would be a good change in type and I really liked Leonor Varela
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I think It would be a good change in type and I really liked Leonor Varela

She's really pretty, and she has a pretty good "look" for Krystle/Cristal. I'm just not familiar with her acting.

Who should play the driver Michael?

Wayne Northrop's son, Hank:

hank northrop.png

More I think about it the more I'd make the Colby family black as well as Krystal's Hispanic family. Just an idea.

Not a bad idea, but I personally don't care for the Colbys being Cristal's family. I'd like for her to be a complete outsider, since she's supposed to be the bridge between the audience and the rich characters. But the idea of the Colbys being black, that's not a bad idea... except I've already come up with an entire cast for them, and all my choices are white. lol Although I did look up Hispanic actors for Zach Powers and his nephew Sean. I think I'd have Zach's stepson, Spiro, be Asian.
 

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
She's really pretty, and she has a pretty good "look" for Krystle/Cristal. I'm just not familiar with her acting.



Wayne Northrop's son, Hank:

View attachment 1043



Not a bad idea, but I personally don't care for the Colbys being Cristal's family. I'd like for her to be a complete outsider, since she's supposed to be the bridge between the audience and the rich characters. But the idea of the Colbys being black, that's not a bad idea... except I've already come up with an entire cast for them, and all my choices are white. lol Although I did look up Hispanic actors for Zach Powers and his nephew Sean. I think I'd have Zach's stepson, Spiro, be Asian.

I personally like a lot of diversity and think it could be very interesting with people from all over the world meeting up in Denver. The WASP Carringtons from CT. The black Colby's from South Africa. Krystal's Hispanic family from Mexico. I like the Asian idea as well. Maybe Steven ends up with Zack Powers from Singapore.

Ok I've concerned on Krstal not being related to the Colby's in anyway. I had the idea of including her mother and having her mother be Jason's second wife (Sable his first with 1 child and Krystal's mom with 2 children) based on Jackie Onassis. The idea was she was an outsider with connections to the Colby's and then married to the Carringtons. I don't mind her still being an outsider and I don't mind her being poorer then the two family's I just don't want her a stereotyped Hispanic where she comes from nothing and married rich and is only defined by her husband from them on out. People like Jackie Onassis and princess Diana come from families with pedigrees but not necessarily a lot of money so they are outsiders in a way. I do understand the idea of a character to help connect the audience I just don't need it myself. I won't connect with her regardless (as a Hispanic woman) but can still feel for her and if they make her more like this two I believe I will feel even more for her character.

For instance, when Alexis finally wins the house I would have liked to see Blake say the cottage Alexis first lived in wasn't part of the debt and since he bought it from her he and Krystal were moving in there and Krystal say she prefers it. So I'd want her to be less pretentious and less about stuff and more about people but I'd like like to see a character who spent her life on the fringes of all this wealth. So I guess I need to know more about her family.
 

Richard Channing

Eternal Member
LV
13
 
Awards
25
pp2.jpg paula_patton-still.jpg Paula-Patton-gogus-dekoltesi-oscar-film-toreni.jpg

This afternoon I watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and I was immediately struck by what a perfect 'Cristal' Paula Patton would make, not least cause she actually looks a lot like Linda Evans. She's got the bone structure, the cheekbones, even the shoulders! Of course I'm not saying the new actors should necessarily look like original ones, but Paula just struck me as perfect in every way. She's got that sweet but strong thing going on, she's a good actress and she's about the right age. Her mother is white and her father is African American but she could certainly pass as Hispanic. Anyway, she gets my vote as Cristal.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
View attachment 1064 View attachment 1065 View attachment 1066

This afternoon I watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and I was immediately struck by what a perfect 'Cristal' Paula Patton would make, not least cause she actually looks a lot like Linda Evans. She's got the bone structure, the cheekbones, even the shoulders! Of course I'm not saying the new actors should necessarily look like original ones, but Paula just struck me as perfect in every way. She's got that sweet but strong thing going on, she's a good actress and she's about the right age. Her mother is white and her father is African American but she could certainly pass as Hispanic. Anyway, she gets my vote as Cristal.

Huh! She actually could, interesting. :D Well I'd consider her a candidate, at any rate. :)

I personally like a lot of diversity and think it could be very interesting with people from all over the world meeting up in Denver. The WASP Carringtons from CT. The black Colby's from South Africa. Krystal's Hispanic family from Mexico. I like the Asian idea as well.

I like the idea of a lot of diversity too, only there are plenty of other characters who could be black. They could even create new rich families who are black. :)

Maybe Steven ends up with Zack Powers from Singapore.

Umm... ew? lol Sorry, but did you get mixed up on who Zach Powers is? He is one guy Steven should *not* end up with. :lmao:

Ok I've concerned on Krstal not being related to the Colby's in anyway. I had the idea of including her mother and having her mother be Jason's second wife (Sable his first with 1 child and Krystal's mom with 2 children) based on Jackie Onassis. The idea was she was an outsider with connections to the Colby's and then married to the Carringtons. I don't mind her still being an outsider and I don't mind her being poorer then the two family's I just don't want her a stereotyped Hispanic where she comes from nothing and married rich and is only defined by her husband from them on out. People like Jackie Onassis and princess Diana come from families with pedigrees but not necessarily a lot of money so they are outsiders in a way. I do understand the idea of a character to help connect the audience I just don't need it myself. I won't connect with her regardless (as a Hispanic woman) but can still feel for her and if they make her more like this two I believe I will feel even more for her character.

Jason being Cristal's father? 0_0 Way too confusing. But Cristal doesn't need to be related to the Colby family in order for her to grow up on "the fringes of the wealthy." And she doesn't have to "come from nothing" either. She can come from a well-to-do Hispanic family who own a business that has connections to Blake's business, and that's how he and Cristal met.

For instance, when Alexis finally wins the house I would have liked to see Blake say the cottage Alexis first lived in wasn't part of the debt and since he bought it from her he and Krystal were moving in there and Krystal say she prefers it.

I know you're just thinking up ideas, but that wouldn't happen: the deed to the cottage/studio belonged to Alexis and she refused to sell to Blake, and after she moved out she deeded it to her grandson. Just pointing out. ;)
 

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
Huh! She actually could, interesting. :D Well I'd consider her a candidate, at any rate. :)



I like the idea of a lot of diversity too, only there are plenty of other characters who could be black. They could even create new rich families who are black. :)



Umm... ew? lol Sorry, but did you get mixed up on who Zach Powers is? He is one guy Steven should *not* end up with. :lmao:



Jason being Cristal's father? 0_0 Way too confusing. But Cristal doesn't need to be related to the Colby family in order for her to grow up on "the fringes of the wealthy." And she doesn't have to "come from nothing" either. She can come from a well-to-do Hispanic family who own a business that has connections to Blake's business, and that's how he and Cristal met.



I know you're just thinking up ideas, but that wouldn't happen: the deed to the cottage/studio belonged to Alexis and she refused to sell to Blake, and after she moved out she deeded it to her grandson. Just pointing out. ;)

I don't think Paula Patton looks right for the part.

They could Crest other families but I don't think they should start making up new families. I don't see why if Krystal is Hispanic why they couldn't also change the Colby's.

Zack Powers was a joke. I just looked him up quick but Steven could end up with an older guy.

No Jason as her step father was my idea - like Jacqueline Kennedy's stepfather an heir to standard oil money while her father was a drunk, albeit a dashing drunk. I agree she doesn't need to be related to the Colby's I just like her having a closer relationship with Jeff, sort of allies in the house. But I've given up on that line of thought.

In an alternative dynasty she could have sold it to him when she left and he could move in there. One thing I'm getting about dynasty is there cliffhangers were pointless and lead to nothing really changing after the fact so the idea was for a real change.
 

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
I don't know his stats or if he can act but came across Aldin Busno. Thought of him for Ted Denault, from Bosnia.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Ava Sambora (Heather Locklear's 19-year-old daughter) as Sammy Jo.

16-year-old Natalie Alyn Lind as Amanda.

natalie alyn lind.jpg
 
Top