Dallas in the 90's

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin! I am so happy that Charlie and her boyfriend Randy and their friends are celebrating Charlie and her college friends graduation from Berkeley together at the sorority house. I wish we could have seen Lucy graduate from SMU on the show. It didn't like it when Lucy dropped out of college to model full time. l am so happy that Mitch graduated from medical school at SMU and he became a plastic surgeon. Bobby should have consulted Mitch about Pam after she was
burned from her car accident. That would have an excellent way to reintroduce Mitch and Lucy back into the Dallas fold since Mitch's sister Afton dated Pam's brother Cliff for awhile.
 
Last edited:
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Silvie and Sanda for your feedback. :)

Sanda you raise a valid point about Mitch. It would have made more sense for him to come back to help with Pam's burns. Yet again it was about a season before Lucy was brought back so I guess that's why that didn't happen. But yet again a missed opportunity on the original show. Then as for Lucy not graduating college I'm not surprised she dropped out, as she had no interest in school when she was in High School even.

Anyway here's another update:


The next morning in England, John Ross sighed deeply and stared at his unfinished breakfast plate. Unfortunately he had a problem finishing it, as there was just something about listening to his Mama and Don having yet another quarrel at the breakfast table that had made him loose his appetite. To make matters worse, their fighting all too often seemed to include discussions about his dad or even himself. It really hurt that they’d have arguments like that in front of him, as it made him feel like they were treating him like he just wasn’t there.

“But don’t you see it Sue Ellen, the movie’s too great not to release. I bet it could even be the hit of the year at the box office if we’d just promote it right and...”

“No Don!” Sue Ellen persisted. “How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t wanna release that movie?”

“But why not?” Don whined.

“You already know why, it’ll ruin my life!”

“Maybe so, but it’ll ruin JR’s life even more and wasn’t that the plan?”

“Yeah but you don’t understand, I made that movie when I was angry and out for revenge and I’m not anymore. So releasing that movie now will only end up hurting John Ross and myself and...”

“No Sue Ellen, it won’t. I am sure that if we’d just...”

“No Don, as far as I’m concerned that movie should never have been made and can you please get off my back about it now?”

“But Sue Ellen I’m telling you that the movie could be a hit, don’t you care?”

“No and neither should you, I mean who cares about the freaking money?”

“Well that’s easy for you to say, you’ve already got more than you’d ever need, but what about me?” Don pouted. “If not for you why can’t you release this movie for me?” Don pleaded with her. “It has the potential to be everything I’ve ever wanted in a movie and...”

“Shut up Don!” Sue Ellen yelled annoyed.

“No you bloody shut up and listen to...”

“Oh why don’t you just both shut the hell up?” John Ross finally burst out at them. “I mean what does a guy have to do to get some peace and quiet around here?”

“But John Ross...”

“No Mama, don’t John Ross me,” he interrupted her. “I’m sick and tired of you two always being at each other’s throats. You know what I think?” He paused for a second and then went on when no one else said anything. “I think the two of you need to get away from each other for a while. I mean all you do these days is fight anyway...”

“Well that’s ridiculous!” Don protested.

“Ridiculous or not, I surely can’t wait to get away from your fights when I go back to Southfork. In fact I think I’m gonna leave real soon so you’d better make up your mind soon Mama,” John Ross threw Sue Ellen a glance.

“Wait a minute, make up her mind about what?” Don asked confused. “Is this about the movie?”

“No Don, believe it or not but not everything’s about your precious movie!” Sue Ellen said sarcastically.

“Okay so what’s going on then?” Don wondered. “Why all this talk about Southfork?”

“Well John Ross is going back to Southfork for a visit this summer and he has asked me to come with him,” Sue Ellen explained.

Don’s eyes narrowed, “Oh I don’t believe it, that’s really ridiculous you know?” Don gloated in a way that annoyed both Sue Ellen and John Ross. “I mean you at Southfork, like that would ever happen again!”

“Oh come on Don, you can at least try to be a bit nicer about it,” Sue Ellen said.

“Well I’m sorry it’s just that the idea of you at Southfork...” Don laughed but then his smile stiffened, as he finally noticed that Sue Ellen wasn’t laughing with him. “You did tell him no right?”

“No I said I would think about it and well I hadn’t planned to go. But when I think about how things have been between us lately...I think that John Ross might be right. You need to get that movie out of your system and I need to calm down so yeah what we really need is some time away from each other.”

“Oh no that’s exactly what we don’t need...” Don objected and then got really angry when he saw the shit eating grin on John Ross’ face. “What we need is a break from your son!”

“A break from John Ross?” Sue Ellen said upset. “But he’s my son Don!”

“Yeah but he’s more JR’s boy than yours and you know it...”

“No I don’t know it and for you to even say such a thing when you know how I feel about him. Have you completely lost your mind?”

“Well not as much as you have if you’re seriously telling me that you’re going back to Southfork with him...” Don went on. “In fact I challenge you not to go because if you do I will...”

“You will what Don?” Sue Ellen asked angrily. “Stop me from going?”

“Yes I might.”

“Oh no you won’t, as I’m sick and tired of being bossed around by men!” Sue Ellen exclaimed. “In fact I’m not the weak girl I once was. I’m a strong woman now and if I want to go to Southfork, that’s where I am going and there’s nothing you can say or do that will stop me!”

“Not even if I’ll file for divorce?” Don threatened.

Sue Ellen froze for a moment, as the table got so quiet that you could hear a needle drop to the ground. Then she shook her head, “No you wouldn’t do that. You’re bluffing and you know it.”

“Well you just try me,” Don said and another moments of angry silence lingered between them before Don went on, “Or maybe you’re too afraid to?”

“I’m not afraid of you. In fact John Ross, why don’t you phone your dad this afternoon and tell him we’re coming for a visit next week!” She said and threw a stern glance in Don’s direction to see if he’d stick to his word. But naturally he didn’t say a thing, just like she knew he wouldn’t, as he didn’t want a divorce anymore than she did.

“All right Mama! I’ll definitely call him,” John Ross cheered and he then gave Don one of his best shit eating grins, which to his delight just annoyed Don further. But John Ross had plenty to smile about, as not another word were said between Don and Sue Ellen this morning, which meant that round two was most definitely won. Unless his Mama changed her mind again, they would be back at Southfork in just one short week and that made him extremely happy, as he just knew that once they got there his chances of getting rid of that Lockwood guy for good just increased tremendously. Yes so far everything was working according to the plan, just like his daddy had told him it would...

 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin.:) I love this story so much and I can't wait to find out happens next in your story. :) I am so happy that Sue Ellen agreed to go with John Ross to visit his daddy at Southfork after she had another fight with Don in front of John Ross.:);) I wonder if Don is going follow through with his threat and file for divorce from Sue Ellen while she and John Ross are visiting their family at Southfork.;)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda. :)
You'll find out in time if Don will follow through on his threat to divorce Sue Ellen or not... ;)

Here's another update:


The same morning in Los Angeles. The sun was shining down from a clear blue sky when Bobby pulled up Pam’s white Chrysler on her driveway. He was a bit tired as he had been awake most of the night, trying to process everything that had happened yesterday. No matter how hard he had tried to sleep his mind couldn’t stop thinking about Pam and Rebecca. Meeting Pam again had opened up a flood gate of old emotions that he’d thought he wasn’t capable of still feeling. He had thought he was over Pam. But he now knew that wasn’t true and not wanting to lose her again he had been quick to suggest that she should come back to Southfork for a visit.

Later that night in his hotelroom he’d started to have second thoughts about the whole thing since he wasn’t sure if he could trust her after all these years. Could she really be trusted to stay this time? He wondered. Then there was Christopher to consider. Is bringing his mother back into his life now the best thing for him? Bobby wasn’t sure of how Christopher would react to seeing his mother again and that made him feel apprehensive. Then there was the other child to consider. After finding out that he had a daughter after all these years Bobby couldn’t help but questioning how the child really could be theirs. He knew what his heart was telling him and what he saw with his eyes and yet it defied all logics. So now he couldn’t help but feeling a bit nervous about facing them. A part of him wondered if maybe it was better to just blow off the whole thing and forget that he’d ever met Pam. Yet he couldn’t do that.

Looking at his watch he realized that he was ten minutes early. Not that it mattered as he’d barely had time to turn off the engine before the front door opened and Rebecca, dressed in a summer's dress, came running out of the house yelling, “Daddy!”

Bobby barely made it out of the car before the little girl threw herself into his arms and he lifted her high up in the air giving her a hug. In that moment all his doubts about the girls’ parentage washed away, as it felt like the most natural thing in the world. Looking into his daughter’s excited face it became obvious to him that she’d been waiting for him and he just knew that it was too late to back out of this now. So he just smiled at her and said, “Well hi there Rebecca, are you all ready to go?”

“Yes,” Rebecca nodded before adding proudly. “I’m all packed and I did most of it myself!”

“Well that’s very good of you,” Bobby complimented her. “So is mommy finished with her packing too?”

“Almost,” Rebecca smiled. “She can’t decide what clothes to bring.”

“Sounds like your mother,” Bobby laughed.

“Well she wants to look pretty for you!” Rebecca confided in him.

“She does?” Bobby smiled, as Rebecca’s comment indicated that he wasn’t the only one who still had feelings invested in their relationship.

“Yes,” Rebecca nodded. “She’s super excited that you’re back!”

“Good, I’m excited to be here too,” Bobby smiled. “So shall we go see if she needs a hand carrying anything?”

“Sure,” Rebecca smiled, as Bobby walked over towards the house, carrying Rebecca. However when he walked into the hallway he almost dropped her as the place was so packed with stuff that he could barely step inside of the door.

In that moment Pam came walking down the stairs carrying another suitcase. She was wearing a summer’s dress that was matching Rebecca’s dress. She smiled brightly when she saw him holding their daughter, as she was happy to see that the two of them had hit it off so well. Not that she was surprised, since in Pam’s eyes Rebecca was everything she’d ever wanted in a daughter. She was beautiful, happy, charming, bright, curious, sly, stubborn, mischievous, carefree, self-confident, outspoken and a little spoiled. Still it was nice to see that Bobby had accepted the child, as she’d been nervous about his reaction. So Pam smiled when she greeted him, “Oh hi Bobby!”

“Hi Pam,” he smiled back.

“Good that you’re here already, now we can start packing up the car,” Pam smiled.

Bobby stared in horror at all the toys and suitcases on the floor and said, “Just to make clear, is everything by the door supposed to go with you?”

“Yes of course!” Pam smiled.

“That’s what I was afraid of,” Bobby sighed, as he put down Rebecca, “Seriously, this is your most necessary stuff?”

“Yes,” Rebecca replied sweetly.

Pam nodded too before noticing his facial expression, “What’s the matter Bobby?” Pam asked. “You don’t mind helping us pack this into the car do you?”

“No of course not,” Bobby said through gritted teeth. “I’m just thinking that if this is what you’re gonna bring, you would have needed a bigger car!” Bobby sighed, as he looked at the mountain of stuff. Because he just knew that it was going to take them at least another hour before they were ready to hit the road.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Cute update Karin. :)I love this story so much.:) Bobby, Pam, and Rebecca are so cute together. :)I love how much stuff Pam and Rebecca packed to take with them to Dallas. :) I would have also packed a lot of stuff as well for a road trip to Dallas. ;)I feel bad for Bobby having to pack all of their stuff into Pam's car trunk.:)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback Sanda. :)
I don't know why but somehow I find the idea of Bobby packing all that stuff into the car hilarious. lol

Anyway here's another update:


True to his word, John Ross called Southfork, as soon as the time difference allowed him to that afternoon. Because he surely didn’t want to risk having his Mama change her mind again, by giving her too much time to think it over. After three rings someone picked up the phone, “Ewing residence, this is Christopher Ewing speaking!”

John Ross smiled at hearing his cousin’s voice, “Oh hi Chris, it’s me John Ross. Boy do I got good news for you!”

“What?” Christopher asked excitedly. “You’re coming back to Southfork?”

“Yes next week!”

“Great!” Christopher beamed.

“Yeah it sure is and best of all, my Mama has agreed to come with me. So now it can be almost like old times again!” John Ross smiled.

“Aunt Sue Ellen’s coming too?” Christopher asked excitedly. “Wow! I didn’t expect that, still it is great news.”

“Yeah it is, oh and Chris I can’t wait to get back to Southfork!”

“Yeah it sure will be fun to have someone my own age around here. Right now it’s just uncle JR and Uncle Ray here...”

“Uncle Ray?” John Ross questioned.

“Yeah he got back yesterday, apparently he and Jenna are having some sort of problem...”

“Ah I see, so anyway is my dad at home?”

“Sure is, hold on I’ll get him for you,” Christopher smiled. Before he turned around and called. “Uncle JR, there’s a phone call for you!”

JR looked up from the newspaper he’d been reading and said, “Who is it?”

“It’s John Ross!”

“Great,” JR smiled, as he’d been expecting this call and now he was eager to find out what John Ross had to tell him. JR took the phone from his nephew and said, “Thanks Christopher.” He then picked up the phone, really eager to talk to his boy, “Hi son, how’s it going?”

“Fine daddy,” John Ross grinned.

“Good,” JR smiled before he cut right to the chase. “So have you thought it over yet?” For a moment time seemed to stand still as JR was anxiously waiting for an answer. Soon he would know whether his plan had worked or not and knowing how badly he wanted John Ross and Sue Ellen back at Southfork he couldn’t help but feeling like he was on tenterhooks.

“Yeah, we’re coming next week!”

“We?” JR grinned. “So does that mean that your mama’s coming too?” JR checked just to make sure he’d heard right.

“Yeah Mama and I are coming back home next week!”

“Well that’s really great news. You have no idea of how happy it makes me to hear that son,” JR grinned happily.

“I’m happy too Dad, I’ve really missed everyone at Southfork,” John Ross replied.

“I know you have and well I have to go now. But we’ll talk more about this later and you'll make sure to keep me posted on which flight you’ll be on and when it’ll arrive in Dallas and I’ll personally pick you up at the airport, you hear?”

“Sure thing dad,” John Ross beamed. “I can’t wait to get out of England!”

“Yeah just one more week John Ross and then we’ll all be together again at Southfork!”

“Great, bye daddy!”

“Bye son!” JR grinned, as he hung up the phone. Because his plan was working like a charm and come next week he could finally start to reclaim everything that was rightfully his, namely his son and his wife.
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Yay!. Go back to Dallas Sue Ellen. Don is a selfish, whiny arsehole and you need to stand up for yourself. I'm happy she stood up for herself and SHE should be the one to file for divorce ( and take every copy of that movie with her when she leaves).
I feel bad for John Ross. but I'm happy he blew up too. He needed to say what he did. And I loved the end. I can totally picture that grin (Just like his daddy LOL)
Loved the Bobby and Pam update too. Bobby just needs to smile and get on with it (men totally just don't understand about packing and a woman's stuff) and little Rebecca just gets cuter every update.
Can't wait to see what happens next.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Happy Halloween and great update Karin.:) I am so happy that John Ross called his father behind his mom's back and that he informed his father that they will be back home in Dallas in one week. :)I am looking forward to the whole Ewing family reuniting soon at Southfork. :)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you everyone for the feedback. :)

Honkytonkangel, I guess you will find out eventually who'll be the one to file the papers, Don or Sue Ellen... ;)
But yeah I can see why John Ross wants to go back home. Totally agree with you about how Bobby needs to understand woman's stuff. Women always pack a lot and always spend a lot of time in the bathroom before going out! lol

Sanda, the big reunion at Southfork will happen towards the end of this episode. Also John Ross didn't call JR behind Sue Ellen's back. She told him to call JR in their last scene before the phone call!

Crazy about SE and JR, the airport scene is worth waiting for. But first Bobby & Pam will get back to Southfork and you can never guess who will be the first person they'll run into back at the ranch...

Silvie, yes Christopher will definitely have a reaction to his mom coming back and bringing his new sister along. You'll see a bit later what it is.
But first there's some more roadtrip scenes...

Here's the next update:


What JR didn’t know however was that someone he didn’t like was on her way back to town too, as later that night were Bobby, Pam and Rebecca driving into Tucson, Arizona. The sun had set well over an hour ago and the mountains surrounding the city were now cast in darkness. Only the moon and the skyscrapers in the town center illuminated the sky with their lights. Rebecca, who was seated in the backseat in between her many stuffed animals and toys was acting unusually calm, as she was fast asleep. Meanwhile her parents were sitting in the front seat in silence, sometimes casting a glance in the review mirror at their sleeping child. But no words were uttered between them as they were both deep in their own thoughts. Eventually Pam couldn’t stand the silence anymore, as she turned to Bobby. “Bobby this road trip is starting to get very tedious. You haven’t said a word to me in half an hour!”

“Oh I’m sorry Pam. I guess I was just busy driving. So was there anything in particular that you wanted to talk about?”

“Yes,” Pam nodded. “Why don’t you tell me more about Christopher?”

“Okay,” Bobby agreed. “What do you wanna know?”

“Everything,” Pam smiled. “Like what does he likes to eat for breakfast?”

“Egg and toast,” Bobby replied.

“Still?”

“Yes,” Bobby smiled.

“Okay so how is he doing at school?”

“Good, he’s got a B average. His favorite subjects are Physical educations and economics and his least favorite is Spanish!”

“Does he have a lot of friends?”

“Yes I’d say he’s quite popular at school.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” Pam smiled. “So what’s his main interests?”

“Well that got to be sports, working the ranch with me and girls…” Bobby smiled. “You should have seen him on his first date. He had this crush on a girl named Amy so we decided that we should go on a double date, Christopher and Amy and April and I,” Bobby smiled at the memory, not noticing how the smile vanished from Pam’s face, he went on, “So we went rollerblading and it looked ridiculous since Amy was so much taller than Christopher but April said that it was perfectly normal. I swear to God that I don’t know what I would have done without her. She was really great with Christopher too and…”

Pam swallowed, as she tried to keep her emotions in check. Since it was painful for her to hear about all the fun Bobby and Christopher had had without her. Not bearing hearing another word she then interrupted him, “So April huh?”

Noticing the painful expression on her face Bobby’s smile faded from his face too, “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have brought her up…”

“No it’s okay,” Pam said in a strained tone of voice. “She was your wife. So naturally she did things with you that I should have done but couldn’t…” Pam swallowed. “It’s just that I never thought of her being that close to Christopher. So was she like…did she ever…” Pam struggled with the words, as this was just so hard on her. “Did she ever take my place?”

“What do you mean?” Bobby frowned. “I mean she was my wife so naturally…”

“No, no,” Pam shook her head, “I mean with Christopher,” Pam clarified. “Was she ever like a mother to him?”

Bobby sighed, “No,” he said bitterly, as a painful look came into his eyes. “Creating that kind of bond takes time, she might have become his new mommy if…” Bobby blinked back the tears, “If she hadn’t died.”

“I see,” Pam nodded. “I’m sorry about April, maybe I shouldn’t have asked, “Pam apologized. “It’s just that I’ve missed so much of my son’s life and I need to know where I stand…”

“It’s okay,” Bobby said in a strained voice. “It’s not your fault she died…”

“So do you wanna talk about her?”

Bobby sighed before shaking his head, “No I’d rather not…if you don’t mind. It just hurts too much to talk about her.”

“I see…” Pam nodded.

“I’m sure you understand. Besides it might be painful for you to hear about her. I mean if you were married to someone else I don’t think I’d like to hear about him either…”

“Well I’m not,” Pam replied. “Except for that mistake in my youth, you're the only husband I've ever had…”

“That’s good to know,” Bobby smiled. “Still you were with Mark Graison when we were divorced the first time and you know sometimes it’s better to just leave the past in the past with no questions asked…”

“I agree,” Pam nodded, before a new awkward silence appeared, as both of them were deep in their own thoughts and memories of things that they just couldn’t share with each other, at least not yet. As they sat there the tension built up between them until Pam suddenly pointed towards a building a little further down the road and said, “Look Bobby there’s a hotel, why don’t we spend the night there?”

Her words caught Bobby off guard, “Excuse me?”

“It’s getting late, so why don’t we stop for the night?” Pam clarified. “Because you haven’t planned on driving all night have you?”

“No of course not,” Bobby laughed nervously. “You’re right it’s already way past nine.”

“Yeah and Rebecca’s sleeping already so…”

“Let’s stay for the night,” Bobby agreed, before he drove off the next exit and pulled up the car in front of the entrance to a white hotel building that was located next to the highway. The sign next to the hotel read, Diamond’s Hotel, Tucson. “Okay so here we are!”

“You think they have any vacancies?”

“I don’t know but there’s just one way to find out.”

“So do we bring the luggage or not?”

“Why don’t we check so something’s available first?” Bobby suggested.

“Okay,” Pam nodded. “But we can’t leave Rebecca in the car!”

“Don’t worry I’ve got Rebecca,” Bobby reassured Pam, as he pulled out the little sleeping girl from the backseat.

“Aw, I can see that,” Pam smiled.

“Look how cute she is when she’s sleeping,” Bobby said tenderly.

“Yeah you’d better be careful not to wake her though,” Pam smiled. “Or we’d be reading bedtime stories for hours…”

“I wouldn’t mind that,” Bobby smiled, as they entered the lobby and walked up towards the reception desk.

“Good evening Sir, Ma’am,” the woman sitting behind the desk greeted them, “do you have a reservation?”

“No ma’am, we were hoping that you’d have any vacancies,” Bobby replied.

“Well just one minute and I’ll check my computer…” The woman then started to type into her computer records.

While they were waiting, Pam turned to Bobby and said, “What do we do if it’s full?”

“Drive all night?” Bobby said jokingly.

“Oh Bobby,” Pam laughed, as she patted him playfully on the arm.

“Sir, Ma’am, you’re in luck, seems like we have a family room available here…”

“Family room?” Bobby questioned. “Is that like a suite with two rooms?”

“No, it’s one room but with two beds,” the receptionist informed them. “Do you want to take it?”

They exchanged a look, as they thought it over for a moment. The idea of sharing a room was making them a little uncomfortable, as it was so intimate. One room, is that such a good idea? Pam wondered.

What if she thinks I want to sleep with her if I agree to this? Bobby pondered.

Well at least there are two beds so it’s not like I’m asking to be sharing his bed again… Pam contemplated.

Don’t be ridiculous of course she doesn’t, besides with Rebecca in the room it’s not like anything could happen anyway… Bobby reflected before asking her opinion, “What do you think?”

Pam hesitated for a moment before she caved in, “I think we should take it.”

“Okay we’ll take it,” Bobby agreed.

“Good, so names please?”

“Bobby and Pamela Ewing,” Bobby replied before motioning towards the sleeping child in his arms, “Oh and this is Rebecca Ewing.”

“Okay where are you from?”

“Dallas,” Bobby replied.

“Good, now if you can just sign in here,” the receptionist handed over a contract.

“Pam could you?” Bobby motioned towards the contract. “I’ve kind of got my hands full.”

“Sure,” Pam replied, as she signed the paper. “So you need a credit card or something?”

“No it’s okay you can pay in the morning.”

“Good,” Bobby replied.

The receptionist then handed over the room key to Pam, “its room 314 on the third floor.”

“Okay thanks,” Pam took the key. “So you got someone that can carry our bags upstairs?”

“Sure, where’s your luggage?”

“It’s in the car, the white Chryslers parked outside of the entrance with a LA license plate,” Pam said, as she handed over her car keys.

“Ah so you’re here on vacation?”

“Something like that,” Bobby smiled sheepishly.

“Okay well you’ll go right up and someone will come with your luggage. So do you want anything else from room service, a late dinner perhaps?”

“No it’s fine, we ate two hours ago,” Pam shook her head.

“Alright, goodnight then and I hope you’ll have a pleasant stay at our hotel.”

“Thanks, I’m sure we will,” Bobby replied, before they walked over towards the elevator in silence. The tension between them was so thick that it could be cut with a knife as there was still something unresolved between them. Deep down both of them could feel that there still was an attraction between them, yet at this point they were doing their best to deny the obvious sexual chemistry that still existed between them.

As they stepped out of the elevator and walked over towards their room Pam said, “I hope you’re okay with this…”

Bobby looked puzzled, before he asked, “With what?”

Pam licked her lips nervously, “Sharing a room, I mean.”

“Oh that’s fine, if it wasn’t I wouldn’t have taken the room,” Bobby replied.

“Good,” Pam nodded, “oh and you’ll get your own bed since Rebecca will sleep with me.”

“Lucky her,” Bobby accidentally made a slip of the tongue.

Pam raised an eyebrow, “Did you say something?”

“No,” Bobby said embarrassed, “just that we’re lucky to find a room this late!”

“Yeah and look there it is,” Pam pointed toward the room number.

“Good, since this little girl needs to be put to bed,” Bobby said, as he looked at Rebecca’s sleeping face. It’s amazing how children can sleep through anything, he reflected.

“Yeah it’s definitely past her bedtime,” Pam agreed, as she put the key in the door and they walked into the room only to notice that it had one big double bed and a smaller bed, obviously meant for children.

“So where do I put Rebecca?”

“Well that bed looks like it’s made for her,” Pam pointed towards the small bed.

“Yeah but you can’t sleep two people in that bed,” Bobby objected.

Pam bit her lip nervously, “I think you’re right.” It got silent as they were trying to avoid looking at each other. They both knew that the logical choice would be to put the child in the smaller bed and share the double bed, yet neither one of them dared to suggest it.

“So…” Bobby hesitated, “you and Rebecca better take the big bed!” Bobby said before he put Rebecca down on the double bed.

“Thanks,” Pam said gratefully. “Still are you sure about this?”

“Sure, why do you ask?”

“Oh no particular reason, it’s just that, I doubt your feet will fit into that bed, it’s kind of short,” Pam laughed, as she pointed towards the children’s bed.

“Well it beats the couch,” Bobby said jokingly and Pam laughed at that. Soon Bobby cracked up laughing too, as the thought of sleeping in the children’s bed was just ridiculous. Yet underneath all the laughter he was none too pleased, as taking another look at the children’s bed he reflected to himself, Oh goodie, this is going to be a long night!
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Cute update Karin. :)I love this story so much. :)Bobby and Pam are so cute together with their daughter Rebecca even though they are having a hard time discussing Bobby's dead wife April and Pam upcoming reunion with their son Christopher.:):( I feel bad for Bobby having to spend the night on the children's bed. :(I bet Bobby ends up sleeping with Pam and Rebecca in the big bed.;)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda for your detailed feedback. I'm glad that you still love this story. :)

Here's another update:


The next afternoon in La Spézia, Italy, the sun was shining down from a clear blue sky. On a hilltop over looking the city an apricot colored villa with two floors were situated. The garden had lots of palm trees and a big swimming pool with a fabulous view of the bay. The property was surrounded by a hedge with bougainvilleas leading up to white brick pillars with high iron gates. A blue Maserati drove in thru the gates. In it sat Jenna and Lucas who had just come home. Jenna drove up and parked on the big driveway before turning to Lucas, “Well home again!”

Lucas unbuckled his seat belt and said, “Finally I can’t wait to see daddy!” Lucas jumped out of the car and Jenna smiled, as she saw how eager her son was. Lucas ran up the steps to the front door and excitedly rang the doorbell. However his smile faded as nobody came to open. He said disappointed, “Daddy doesn’t open!”

Jenna came walking up after him dragging two suitcases behind her. She put them down at the bottom of the stairs and said, “Well maybe he’s still at work. You know there’s a lot of fish to catch at this time of year!”

“Awesome, can I please go with daddy on the boat tomorrow mommy?”

Jenna laughed, “Well you’ll gonna have to ask daddy when he’ll get home tonight. But it’s okay with me as long as you carry your bag in!” Jenna pointed towards the suitcase with a lot of car stickers on it.

“Okay,” Lucas agreed before he run down the stairs to fetch his bag. They walked up the stairs and Jenna unlocked the front door. Lucas ran in and Jenna put down her suitcase in the hallway. Then she locked the doors behind her and walked over towards a little table to go through their mail. She started sorting the mail when she suddenly found a note that had been tucked in with the mail. As Jenna read the note her facial expression changed and she looked very troubled.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin.:) I love this story much but I really feel bad for Jenna and Lucas coming home to an empty house after a long journey.:):( Jenna and Lucas deserve better after Jenna denied Bobby access to their son Lucas after he was born. :):(
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda. :)
Yeah their situation sucks. It's never fun to come home to an empty house.

Anyway here's another update:


The same morning at the Diamond’s Hotel in Tucson, Arizona, Bobby woke up late from a night of restless sleep. His back ached from sleeping curled up in the too small bed and he was not feeling rested. Waking up now, for a moment he felt slightly disorientated as to where he was. So when he sat up in bed and saw Pam come walking towards him, dressed in a blue nightgown and robe, he had to blink his eyes to make sure that he was not dreaming, but he wasn’t, because Pam was really there with him. “Good morning Bobby,” Pam smiled, as she handed him a cup of coffee.

“Good morning Pam,” he smiled back, taking the cup.

“I hope you don’t mind but I’ve ordered some breakfast!”

“Of course I don’t mind,” Bobby said appreciating.

“So have you slept well?”

“Not really,” Bobby grimaced. “Whoever designed this bed didn’t have adults in mind!”

Pam laughed, “I can see that, tonight why don’t you just sleep with me?”

Bobby almost burned himself on his coffee, as her words got to him. He looked at her questioningly, “Come again?”

Pam nervously tucked her hair behind her ears, “Um…I mean…” Pam blushed, as she realized what she’d just said. “I just meant that you shouldn’t have to sleep in a children’s bed when the double bed is big enough for both us and Rebecca!” Pam tried to save the situation, yet the sexual tension between them was unmistakable.

“I see,” Bobby said disappointed, as he got up from the bed and looked out of the hotel window at the mountain in the distance, “You know for a moment there I almost thought that you…”

“That I what?” Pam asked, as she was hanging on to his every word.

Bobby turned to look at her and looking into her brown eyes he wasn’t so sure what she meant, as she was giving him that special look. He walked up to her, “That you wanted to…”

“Yes?” Pam could feel her heart beat faster and looking into his hazel eyes she could see that he definitely still wanted her. So she leant in a little closer.

Yet before they had a chance to actually kiss each other, Rebecca popped out of the bathroom saying, “Good morning Daddy!”

They looked up towards their daughter and the moment was lost. “Oh good morning Rebecca!” Bobby said uneasily. Shit I almost forgot about the child there for a moment… he cursed mentally.

Rebecca however didn’t notice as she took her father’s hand and said, “Here sit down and have some breakfast with mommy and me!”

“Okay,” Bobby agreed and they sat down at the breakfast table and started eating pancakes with syrup, as they small talked.

“So what are we doing today?” Rebecca asked.

“Travelling with the car,” Pam replied.

Rebecca frowned, “All day?”

“Yes, we still have miles to go before we get to Dallas,” Bobby explained.

“But we’ll get there tonight right?” Rebecca smiled.

“No we won’t get there until tomorrow,” Pam replied.

“Bummer,” Rebecca pouted. “I was looking forward to see Southfork.”

“I’m glad, but I know Southfork will still be there tomorrow,” Bobby smiled.

“Well if you say so,” Rebecca shrugged her shoulders. “So what are we going to do first when we’ll get there?”

“Say hello to your brother,” Pam said nervously.

“You think he’ll like me?” Rebecca asked.

“Oh a pretty little girl like you, I’m sure he’s gonna love you like I do!” Bobby said, even though deep down, he wasn’t so sure his son would feel that way at all.

“I love you too daddy,” Rebecca replied sweetly, before she got up and gave Bobby a hug. Watching them, Pam wiped away a tear from her eye, as she was so happy. Then she smiled, as she reflected to herself, this is going far better than I ever expected it to…
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Cute update Karin.:) I love this story so much. I feel bad for Bobby becauae he had to sleep on the children's bed all night. :(Bobby, Pam, and Rebecca are so cute together in your story. :)I hope Pam's reunion with her and Bobby's son Christopher goes well and that he LOVES his little sister just as much as Bobby already does. :)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thanks Sanda. You'll find out in time what Christopher's reaction to his new sister will be! ;)

Also I might as well give you another short update tonight to speed this up a bit:


Back in La Spezia, Italy, Jenna was sitting in the sofa in the living room staring into the unlit fireplace when Lucas came running down the stairs. “Mommy, what’s for dinner?”

Jenna grabbed her forehead, “Dinner?” Jenna sighed. “Right, why don’t you call and order a pizza!”

“Alright,” Lucas beamed. “So should I take a family one or three separate?”

“Just one for you, I’m not hungry!”

Lucas looked at her and said, “Okay but what about Daddy?”

Jenna sighed, “Daddy’s not at home!”

Lucas looked worried, “But shouldn’t he be back by now?”

“No you’ll see your daddy’s not at work. He’s…” Jenna swallowed. “He’s gone to Southfork for a visit.”

Lucas looked surprised, “Really?”

Jenna nodded, “I’m afraid so.”

“Oh bummer,” Lucas sighed. He was feeling really disappointed, as he was so looking forward to seeing his father.
 
Top