Dallas in the 90's

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin!:) I love this story so much.:) Poor Cliff, he is so excited about seeing Afton and meeting his daughter Pamela Rebecca but I have a bad feeling that Cliff is going to be in for some heartache he visits them because his private eye Mr Johnson was trying to tell something about what he learned about Afton and Cliff wouldn't hear him out. :(
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback on my story Shan, Sanda and Crazy about SE and JR. :)

Sanda, you are spot on. Cliff should have listened to his detective.

Crazy about SE and JR, don't worry JR will appear in tonight's update! ;)

Actually tonight's update is probably what some of you have been waiting for...so showtime! *g*




JR was sitting out by the pool enjoying his afternoon drink in peace and quiet when the sound of a car engine disrupted his moment in the sun. Looking over towards the driveway he was surprised to see an unfamiliar car with a California license plate pulling up over by the garage. He was even more surprised to see his little brother getting out of it. What the hell is he doing home this early? JR raised an eyebrow. Didn’t he have business to take care of until Friday? JR reflected to himself, as he had a feeling that something wasn’t quite right about his little brother’s early homecoming. Seeing that Bobby wasn’t returning alone just added further to that feeling and JR’s eyes narrowed, as he suspiciously viewed the woman and little girl who also got out of the car and then started to walk up towards the house with Bobby. There was just something familiar about the woman even though he couldn’t quite put his finger on what it was. Then just as the three of them passed by the pool he got a closer look at them and it suddenly hit him like a ton of bricks who that woman was. Oh no it can’t be! JR stuck the drink in his throat by surprise, as she was probably the last person he’d ever expected to see back at Southfork. He then rubbed his eyes and checked again hoping that he was wrong, but knowing that he wasn’t. The woman really was none other than Pamela Barnes Ewing.

“Bobby! What the hell is that Barnes woman doing here at Southfork?” JR sprung to his feet, as he hurried to approach them. “I thought that we’d seen the last of her once and for all when she abandoned you almost 8 years ago!”

“Well JR, hello to you too,” Bobby greeted his older brother with sarcasm dripping from his voice. “I see you’ve recognized Pam.”

“Yes but what the hell is she doing back here?” JR asked upset. “I thought we’d gotten rid of her for good!”

“Well you thought wrong. So be nice, she has just as much right to be here as anybody else!”

“The hell she doesn’t!”

“Yes she does, Mama left Southfork in my care when she’s away so if I’ll say she’s welcomed for a visit she is. So now where’s Christopher?”

“Oh no! I don’t believe this. You are really something else little brother, bringing that intruder back here, I mean are you even 100 % sure that’s really Pam?” JR was grasping at straws here. “‘Cause that Pam look alike surely had you wrapped around her finger for a while and...”

“Shut it JR! I am in no mood for your games. Sure that Pam look alike was a mistake,” Bobby admitted and Pam raised an eyebrow in surprise, wondering what that was all about. But before she had a chance to say something Bobby went on, “But this time we’re not dealing with an imposter, she’s really Pam. Besides if this wasn’t Pam why would you then choke on your drink when you first saw her?”

“Okay, okay you’ll win, I know she’s Pam. Still that doesn’t explain who the kid is?”

Bobby smiled, “Oh you mean Rebecca?”

“Rebecca?” JR repeated.

“Yeah she’s Bobby’s and my daughter,” Pam said proudly, as she protectively put her hand on Rebecca’s shoulder.

“Your what?”

“You heard her, she’s our daughter,” Bobby repeated, as he put a protective arm around Pam’s shoulder so that they were standing united as a family before JR.

It was a sight that JR surely didn’t like and his eyes narrowed, as he looked from the kid to Bobby & Pam for a moment before he shook his head, “Like hell she is! I mean like it isn’t bad enough that you bring that despicable Barnes woman back to Southfork with you, now you also take her offspring and on top of that you’re dumb enough to believe that the kid is actually yours!”

“That’s because she is mine!” Bobby defended Pam in a stern voice, as he threw a glance down at Rebecca.

But JR just snorted, “Of course she is, right Pam?” JR gave Pam a stern look. “Or isn’t that what you want him to believe?” JR questioned Pam but before she even had a chance to answer he went on, “Bob, can’t you see that she’s just trying to fool you?” JR tried to talk some sense into his little brother. “I bet she’s had second thoughts about leaving you and then she came up with a good enough excuse to make you take her back. So wham, she has a kid, and that kid just happens to be yours. Wake up and smell the roses Bobby. It’s all a scam!” JR said provocative.

Pam could feel her blood start to boil with anger. It was funny she hadn’t seen this man in 8 years and all it took was less than five minutes talking to him to piss her off big time, “It’s not,” she insisted. “And look who’s talking?” Pam snapped back. “I mean that sounds very convincing coming from a man who didn’t even know if you were the father of your own son!”

“And why am I not surprised that you’ve come here to cause trouble?” JR argued. “You just had to bring it up even though it’s all ancient history and you know it. It belongs in the past and so do you!”

“Now hold it for a minute JR...”

“No Bob, you’ll stay out of this as you obviously don’t know what’s best for you. I mean that woman disappeared from your life without an explanation 8 years ago and now you just want to forgive and forget?” JR put Bobby on the hot seat.

Bobby frowned as he considered his words, “And what if I do?” He asked. “I mean you don’t know half of what happened...Pam’s been through a lot and...”

“Spare me the sob stories,” JR cut him off before turning to Pam. “And you, I want you right off this ranch. You really have no right to be here after the way you took off. I mean do you even have any idea of the hell you’ve put them through?” JR said angrily. “Little Christopher sitting sad as a puppy dog at the dinner table, wondering why his mama doesn’t love him anymore. Bobby out drinking and fighting at clubs, neglecting his work and...”

“Watch it JR you’re getting out of line here!” Bobby warned JR.

“Okay fine! You believe her then, but just because you’re blind enough to take her word for that the kid is yours I certainly won’t believe a word that tramp has to say and...” JR came to a sudden stop, as Bobby broke free from Pam and took a threatening step forward.

“JR this time you’ve gone too far. No one insults Pam like that and gets away with it...” Bobby rushed towards JR, intending to fight him like so many times before. Only this time JR realized in time what was about to happen and dodged out of Bobby’s way in the last second and Bobby who was unable to stop in time, ran straight into the pool!

“Oh you!” Pam yelled angrily at JR. “You’re a disgusting man this is all your fault!”

“My fault?” JR shook his head. “Oh no honey, Bobby got himself into this mess. Because you didn’t see me come running after him, he’s damn hot tempered that boy. He always has been and you can’t just expect me to stand around and wait for him to punch the shit out of me!” JR defended himself.

His comments made Pam roll her eyes, “Yeah right, how nice to see that you haven’t changed a bit. No wonder Sue Ellen left you...”

“Hey wait a minute now, you’ll leave Sue Ellen out of this...” JR got upset at the mentioning of his ex-wife who he was still carrying a torch for.

“Fine as long as you’ll leave me and Bobby alone. Because like it or not I am back to stay and Bobby and I won’t have any more of you sending Bobby out on your dirty business trips and we’ve definitely had it with your fighting with everybody that comes in your way...”

“I’m not fighting. Bobby is and as for you...” JR paused a second as he grabbed a hold of Pam’s wrist and delivered the threat. “You have no right to be here! Get the hell out of the state or I’ll find someone who will escort you out!”

“How dare you threatening me?” Pam asked angrily. “Haven’t you learnt anything?” She asked him. “I mean you might have been able to scare off poor Valene but I’m not afraid of you!” Pam told him seriously, as she broke free from his grip. Then she went on in an upset voice, “Besides I’ve got to have the right to see Christopher!”

“Of course you’re little adopted kid! I’m touched you still remember him. Although I don’t think you should see him because you clearly don’t care a damn about him. Because which mother in her sane state of mind would just abandon a 6 year old kid here at Southfork?” JR told Pam in a provocative voice, as he found her weak spot. “No it just proves what I’ve always known. You’re an unfit mother Pamela and the best thing you can do for that boy now is to leave him alone. Let him forget he ever had a mother!” JR twisted the knife in a little bit deeper.

Pam knew that part of what he’d told her was true, as she’d really been feeling guilty about leaving Christopher behind and it hurt to hear him say that. Still JR’s words really pissed her off. So in the next second Pam decided to unleash her anger on JR and before he had a chance to move away, Pam pushed him into the pool. JR fell into the pool with a scream, and a huge splash.

“Way to go mama!” Rebecca laughed delightedly. “He so deserved it. He really is as mean as you’ve been telling me!”

Bobby, who had now gotten out of the pool, dripping wet, smiled, “I see you’ve filled our daughter in all the things she needs to know to live at Southfork already!”

“Well I might have told her a thing or two,” Pam grinned. But then her grin turned into a grimace as she realized that Rebecca was far more talkative than expected. She hadn’t counted on that their daughter would tell Bobby the things she’d told her and that made her nervous, because what will happen if he finds out about the other things I’ve told her? Pam reflected, as she glanced over at Bobby. It surely felt good to be here with him again and although she knew that she’d never stopped loving him, she just wasn’t ready for the truth to come out just yet.

However she didn’t get that much more time to think it over, as suddenly the porch door opened and a teenage boy and Ray came out from the house. “Dad, what’s happened, we heard a scream and...why are you all wet?” The teenage boy asked Bobby.

In that second Pam realized that this young boy must be her son Christopher. Pam got teary eyed, as she saw her son and her heart poured over with joy and love. Christopher! My son! My baby and he’s almost all grown up... Pam reflected as the world seemed to stop and she barely even heard what was said around her, as all her attention was suddenly focused on the young boy, her son - the son who she had never expected to see again.

“It’s alright Christopher. JR and I just had a little fight that’s all,” Bobby reassured Christopher, who then looked over towards the pool where JR was just getting out of the pool, also dripping wet.

“Yeah I can see that,” Christopher tried to hide a smile, as his dad and uncle JR both looked ridiculous.

“Anyway never mind that. You see son I have two very important persons with me who I fetched in LA that I’d really like for you to meet...”

“Cool. Who are they?” Christopher asked, as he looked at the woman, who looked strangely familiar and the little girl.

However before his dad had a chance to explain who they were the woman suddenly walked up to him. “Oh Christopher, don’t tell me you don’t recognize me...” she said in a soft voice.

Looking into her teary brown eyes it suddenly hits him like a ton of bricks just why she looked so familiar, “Mom?” Christopher asked in disbelief. “Is it really you?”

“Oh yes it’s really me Christopher and I’m back to stay now!” Pam finally lost it and threw her arms around Christopher, in a long hug, as she couldn’t hold back her longing to hold her son in her arms anymore. She needed to touch him to know that he was really there. Mother and son then embraced for a while, as they were both fighting with their own emotions because it surely wasn’t easy to be reunited after spending almost 8 years apart.

“Oh Mom,” Christopher said emotionally, as he didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, since for so many years he’d been without a mom. During the first weeks he’d cried himself to sleep, he’d been confused and hurt as to why she’d left them and yet he’d kept thinking that she would return to them. Then as time passed by he’d slowly come to terms with her leaving and after two years he’d known that she wasn’t coming back to them and he’d started taking a liking to April, who had become his step-mom. But then she’d been murdered and he’d started hoping against hope that somehow his real mom would hear about it and realize how much they still needed her and come back. But she hadn’t and still a part of him couldn’t help but wishing for it and now the moment that he’d wished for was finally here. His dad didn’t know it, but at almost every one of his birthday parties when he blew out the candles he’d wished for his mama to return to him and now when she finally had it felt unreal. More than that he didn’t know quite what to feel as his emotions was all over the place and he was confused, hurt, angry and happy all at once. Christopher felt like he was on the verge of tears. But since he was a big boy now and surely didn’t want others to see him cry he just tried his best to swallow down the lump in his throat.

“Yeah…I’m here and I won’t ever leave you again,” Pam promised, before she finally broke the hug. “Now let me look at you,” she said emotionally, as she took a good look at her son. His hair was a little darker than she remembered, but his blue eyes were the same and he was still a little shorter than her, but not by much. “Wow! You’re really grown when I’ve been away. You’re quite the young man now!”

“Well I’ll be 14 in August,” Christopher smiled, before he realized how stupid that had sounded. “But I guess you already knew that...”

“Yeah of course I do. I’ve never forgotten about your birthday. It used to be the hardest day of the year for me, as I’d always be wondering what you were doing and...”

“Mom, is this my big brother that you’ve been telling me about?” A little girl’s voice suddenly interrupted the bittersweet reunion between mother and son.

Hearing the girl call Pam mom too, just about broke Christopher’s heart, as this just proved to him that he’d been right all along. Mom really left me because I’m adopted and now she has another real kid that she must love more than me! A part of him knew it was a childish thought and yet he couldn’t help but feeling that way.

“Oh yes he sure is...” Pam turned her attention to the little girl. “And I’m sorry Rebecca I completely forgot to introduce you,” Pam then glanced from her daughter to her son. “Rebecca this is your big brother Christopher and Christopher this is your little sister Rebecca,” Pam said happily, as she was delighted to have her two children meet at last.

Rebecca too was delighted to finally meet her big brother and she hurried to take Christopher’s hand, “Hi Christopher. I’m your sister Rebecca and I’m seven years old!”

Christopher however said nothing. Instead he tried his best to ignore her, as this was all just getting a bit too much for him.

“Oh I’ll be damned. I could never imagine that Pam had a daughter,” Ray finally spoke up.

“Well it’s nice to see you too Ray,” Pam smiled, at the man who used to be her boyfriend a good twenty years ago.

“Yeah I know. I never could have imagined we’d have Rebecca either but...” Bobby started saying but was interrupted by Ray.

“We?”

“Yeah Rebecca’s my daughter too,” Bobby explained.

This piece of news was finally too much for Christopher to handle and he hurried to turn around and run back into the house, obviously in the need of being alone some, to sort out his conflicting emotions.

The others barely even noticed that he left though, as JR was getting back into the game, “Oh you’re so gullible, little brother. I mean how can anyone be so foolish that you fall for that old trick?”

“JR don’t start with me again, I mean it, I’ve had enough of your crap,” Bobby said warningly. “Besides I’m not the first one in this house to have a kid pop up. Because I don’t remember seeing you doubting Vanessa when James showed up...”

“No but that was different and...” JR tried to protest.

“Right it was,” Ray shook his head amused at how the time seemed to have stood still here at Southfork, as today everything was really just the way it used to be back in the 80s. Well you can say one thing about Southfork, it sure ain’t getting boring around here!

The brothers could probably have kept on arguing for a good long while if Pam hadn’t weighed in, “Bobby where’s Christopher?”

Bobby looked around and noticed that his son was no longer outdoors he made a mental note to go check on Christopher a bit later. Noticing Pam’s sad eyes looking at him for an explanation he chuckled nervously, “Oh I bet he’s just so excited to have his mom back that he ran off trying to find you a guest room.”

“Maybe,” Pam said unconvinced.

Bobby then put his arms around her saying, “So now why don’t we go indoors and get you and Rebecca installed in one of the guest rooms?”

“Okay,” Pam nodded.

Then just as they were about to go Bobby suddenly turned to JR again and said, “And I don’t expect we’ll be getting any more trouble from you, right?”

“Right, I swear I’ll be good,” JR promised and showed off his shit eating grin. Because Bobby and Pam would surely hear more about this later regardless of what he’d just said.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin.:) I love this story so much and this update was amazing. :)Bobby, Pam, and Rebecca are so cute together with their family but I am not happy with Bobby, Pam, and JR for fighting and airing their dirty laundry in front of Rebecca.:):( I also hope Christopher comes around soon and that he accepts his mom and little sister being in their lives. :)
 
Last edited:
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you everyone for your feedback. :)

Sanda, I know it's not nice of them to fight in front of the children. But they always did on the show so I don't see that changing anytime soon! ;)

Silvie, you'll find out more later how Christopher is coping with the situation.

Crazy about SE and JR, I understand why you look forward to Sue Ellen's return to Southfork. I promise it will happen before this episode is out. But the plot is a bit slow moving in this first episode as it's called "Meeting Again" and mostly just serves the purpose of reintroducing the characters and bringing them back to Dallas. But yeah originally it was a bit faster paced before we expanded it and added more scenes.

Anyway here's another update and now it's time to meet Ray's daughter...



In Washington D.C, there was a two story grey brick house, with high windows and stairs leading up to the red front door. In the garden in front of the house there were some bushes and two trees. On the back patio an 8 year old girl was sitting in a hammock reading a Nancy Drew book. She had red curly hair and big red 80s glasses in front of her blue eyes. She was properly dressed in a summers dress. She looked up when she saw a rather tall, elegant woman with longish red blond hair and blue eyes walk out of the house saying, “Margaret!”

“Yes mom,” the girl replied, as Donna sat down next to her. “Do you wish to speak to me about something?”

“Actually yes,” Donna smiled. “I was wondering what would you say if we don’t go up to Hyannis’ port this summer?”

Margaret looked surprised and said, “Oh no don’t tell me that you have to work all summer!”

Donna smiled, “No dear, but your father called and…”

“Andrew called?”

“No your real father…”

“Ray?” Margaret asked excitedly.

Donna nodded, “Yes he’s down in Texas, so we’ve gotten an offer to go visit him this summer at Southfork!”

“Really?”

“Yes really,” Donna confirmed. “So what do you say?”

“Yeah sure, I’d like that!” Margaret smiled. “So when are we leaving because I’d better go start pack my books…”

Donna laughed at her daughter’s enthusiasm and said, “Next week cause I’ve got a luncheon this weekend that I can’t cancel.”

“Great, may I be excused?” Margaret asked. “I wanna go and tell Staci all about our trip!”

Donna smiled and said, “Sure sweetheart, just be back in time for dinner.”

“Sure mom, bye,” Margaret called as she hurried to run over to the house next door. Donna smiled looking after her, since Margaret was everything she could ever want in a daughter. She was intelligent, polite, sweet, articulate, honest, curious, mature for her age, interested in politics and someone who Donna could have grown up conversations with. Donna’s only concern was that maybe Margaret didn’t get enough time to be a child, as she seemed to prefer adults company to children her own age. Luckily their next door neighbor’s daughter was an exception, as being the daughter of a British diplomat, Staci, shared Margaret’s interests and matched her IQ. The girls had a marvelous time together playing board games, playing instruments and singing together and engaging in long conversations about books and politics. Watching Margaret and Staci talking on the other side of the hedge, Donna reached for the phone, as she was eager to call Ray and accept his invitation.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin.:) I love this story so much.:) Ray and Donna's little girl Margaret is so sweet in your story and I love how excited Margaret is about going to Texas to visit her Daddy Ray. :)Please update your story again soon because I can't wait to find out what happens next with the Ewing, Barnes, and Krebbs families.:)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Sanda, I'm glad that you enjoyed reading the first Margaret scene. :)

Crazy about SE and JR, I'm glad that you'll continue reading. But what are you anxious about?

Also time for another update. More Cliff...


After driving around in circles for hours Cliff finally found the townhouse he’d been looking for. It was a light brown brick building with a little sofa standing outside of the door. Double checking the address again just to make sure, Cliff started to get a little nervous at the prospect of seeing Afton again. Since the last time they parted they weren’t exactly on good terms. Ringing the doorbell now, he searched his mind for an excuse, as to why he was there. So what do I say to her when she opens the door? Cliff wondered to himself. Am I gonna tell her the truth that I’ve been looking for her or should I pretend this is all a coincidence? Cliff tried to make up his mind, but as it turned out he didn’t even have to worry because nobody opened the door. After ringing the doorbell for the third time without getting the slightest response Cliff slumped his shoulders in defeat, as it dawned on him what his private investigator had been trying to tell him, there’s nobody home. Cliff then picked up his mobile phone and called Mr. Johnson back.

“Hello you’ve reached Johnson Private Investigator services, I’m not in right now but if you’ll leave a message after the beep…”

“Damn you Johnson pick up!” Cliff cursed. “I know you’re there and I need some information before I’ll mail that check!”

For a moment there was no response and then there was a click on the line, as the private detective reluctantly answered the phone, “Mr. Barnes what can I do for you?”

“Why didn’t you tell me that Afton’s not at home?” Cliff yelled.

“Well I tried to but you cut me off before I had a chance to finish…”

Cliff smiled sheepishly, “You’re right, I guess I did. But I’m all ears now so what were you going to tell me?”

“Oh nothing much, just that Afton’s out of town at the moment visiting her mother in Atlanta and she brought little Pamela with her.”

“Oh but why didn’t you say so to start with?” Cliff asked impatiently. “When is she getting back?”

“Oh I don’t know for certain Mr. Barnes. These visits normally last a few days up to a week, so probably at the end of the week but I’m not sure…”

“Well I’m not paying you to not know. I need you to be more specific than that…”

“I’m sorry Mr. Barnes, but that’s as specific as I can be right now,” Mr. Johnson said. “Of course if you’d want to track her down in Atlanta I could give you her mother’s address…”

“Nah there’s no use in that,” Cliff dismissed the idea. “Just keep watching her and give me a call as soon as they’re back, ok?”

“You’ve got it Mr. Barnes, bye.”

“Bye,” Cliff echoed before he hung up the phone with a grim expression on his face. It was just so typical that once he’d finally found out where Afton lived she wasn’t at home when he tried to go see her. Earlier today he had gotten all excited and now he was back at square one again. Or well not exactly, I know where Afton and my daughter live now. So I can always see them another day, Cliff reflected. I’ll just have to be patient, that’s all. Cliff sighed because if there was one thing he really sucked at, it was being patient. Yet he didn’t want to get off on the wrong foot with Afton either and he suspected that if he just showed up at her mother’s he wouldn’t get a warm welcome at all. So it was really better to wait with seeing them until Afton and little Pamela had returned to Dallas again…
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Fabulous updates. Kinda LOVED JR's reaction, it was just so...... JR, LOL. There was a lot of truth in what he said to Pam about Bobby and Christopher though.
I can understand why Christopher reacted the way he did, but I hope he calms down because little Rebecca didn't ask for any of this either and doesn't deserve to be punished for the stupid decision Pam made. I REALLY hope it doesn't come down to Bobby having to choose.
LOVED Ray's thought about time having stood still, that was so funny and so true.
Sweet to see Margaret and her excitement about going to see her daddy. I hope at least that visit goes well.
And I'm interested to see what the PI was gonna tell Cliff too. He doesn't seem to have changed much, everything is still all about him.
I hope he doesn't find them, but only for Pamela Rebecca's sake because I hate Afton and I always thought she and Cliff deserved each other.
Can't wait to see what happens next.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin. I love this story so much. I feel bad for Cliff because he didn't get to see Afton and Pamela Rebecca when he showed up at their condo. I hope he gets to see them soon so he and Afton can get back together with their daughter Pamela Rebecca. I always wanted them to reunite with their daughter. I hate how the writers of TNT's Dallas wrote Cliff by making him keep the truth about what really happened to Pam from Bobby and Christopher after Bobby and Cliff became friends on the show after Pam left Dallas after her accident and I also hate that Cliff was reponsible for killing his grandchildren.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Sanda, I wanted Afton and little Pamela to stick around the first time I saw the show. I hadn't seen their backstory then but I liked Afton better than Cliff's other girlfriends. I also hate what the Dallas TNT writers did to Cliff. But well this story was written long before then so I can promise you that the Cliff you'll read about here is the same character we recognize from the show. :)

Honkytonkangel, I'm glad you think we nailed JR's reaction to Pamela coming back! lol
I agree that Cliff and Afton deserves each other.
You'll find out more about how Christopher is feeling in the next update. Time for a father-son talk.



It was just before dinnertime when Bobby finally got a chance to check on his son. Popping in his head through Christopher’s door he found his son sitting alone in the dark, staring ahead of him, cradling something in his arms. Stepping a bit closer he noticed that it was the teddy bear Pam gave to Christopher when he was little. Bobby frowned as that bear spoke louder than words. Ah so he kept it after all, Bobby reflected to himself, as he’d been half convinced that Christopher had thrown in out after Pam had divorced them the second time.

“Hey pal, think we can have a little talk?” Bobby asked carefully, as he sat down on Christopher’s bedside.

“About what?”

“You know what,” Bobby gave him a look.

The silence lingered between father and son for a moment before Christopher finally started to open up to his father, “Why did she have to come back?” Christopher asked. “I mean we were doing fine on our own…”

“So you’re not happy that your mom’s back huh?” Bobby said, as he looked from the bear to Christopher. “You know could have fooled me…” Bobby stole the bear from Christopher.

“Hey what are you doing?” Christopher asked. “That’s the bear that…”

“Your mom gave you when you were little, I know son,” Bobby finished Christopher’s sentence.

“Yeah,” Christopher admitted, before he took the bear back from Bobby.

“I’m surprised you’d kept it, I thought you had thrown it out years ago…”

“Well it’s not something that’s so easy to throw away you know?” Christopher looked at Bobby with sad eyes. “Since if she’d come back she’d be wondering and…”

“Ah so you’ve always wanted her to come back, haven’t you?” Bobby wondered and Christopher nodded, as he tried to hold back his tears. “And now when she’s back it’s not like you imagined it to be?” Bobby saw right through his son.

“No it’s not…I mean I used to wish so badly for mom to return but that was before I knew about her…”

“So it’s Rebecca who’s really bothering you…” Bobby sighed.

“Yeah I never expected her to have other kids…”

“Neither did I to be honest…I mean we talked about giving you a sibling but then there was the car crash and…” Bobby’s voice trailed off, as he noticed that his son was crying now. “I guess this is all kinda tough on you son, aren’t it?” Bobby put a comforting hand on his son’s shoulder.

“It really is,” Christopher sighed. “I know that I should be happy to have a sister, but I just can’t help but feeling like…mom replaced me with her…” Christopher finally let it all out.

“Oh son…don’t!” Bobby said emotionally. “Don’t you even think that, because it’s not true. Your mother might have had Rebecca all this time but that doesn’t mean that she hasn’t missed you. Because I’m sure she has.”

“Well if she missed me so much, why didn’t she call me?”

“Good question and I wish I had a good answer. But I don’t…in fact I think she’s the one you should be asking all these questions not I.”

“Oh yeah because she’s so easy to talk to,” Christopher said angrily. “I mean she left us and then she just waltz in here like nothing’s changed and dumps a sister on me!”

“Hey that’s not really how it is…” Bobby tried to defend Pam before realizing that their son was right. “Or maybe that’s exactly how it is,” Bobby sighed, as he tried to collect his thoughts. “Okay so I know this isn’t easy on you. You obviously have a lot of questions that needs to be answered. Hell I still have a lot of things that I need to work out with your mom, as we can’t really pick up right where we left off. So I’m not saying that it will be easy but then again most things worthwhile ain’t…I’m just saying that now when she’s back it would be a shame if we let her leave without even trying to sort things out, don’t you think?”

“I guess,” Christopher nodded.

“Good. I know that you’re pissed with her for leaving us and I was pissed with her too.”

“But you’re not pissed anymore?”

“Not really. I think I understand why she left now.”

“Oh and why did she leave?” Christopher asked. “Was it because of me?”

“No Christopher. It wasn’t because of you. I can’t explain it as good as she can. But I can tell you this and that is that your mother didn’t leave because you were adopted, or because she stopped loving you. She left because she got sick…”

“I know that but she’s not still sick is she?” Christopher’s eyes widened with fear.

“No she’s not,” Bobby replied truthfully. “But she’s had a long way to go before she got well again and now when she is…”

“She’s come back to us,” Christopher finished his father’s sentence.

“Something like that yeah. So are you still upset with her for coming back?”

“No, I’m upset with her for leaving. I mean she said she loved me and yet she left so who is to say she won’t do that again?”

“Well I can’t tell you what’s gonna happen, since obviously your mom and Rebecca have a life in Los Angeles…”

“That’s where she’s been all these years?”

“Yeah,” Bobby nodded. “So I don’t know what’s gonna happen now, as they live there, while you and I have our lives here. But I do know that you kids deserves to have both of your parents and your mother and I would be damned if we can’t work out some sort of arrangement.”

“So now I have to share you with Rebecca?” Christopher was none too thrilled with the idea.

“I think so yeah, but it works both ways as now she has to share your mom with you,” Bobby reminded him.

“I guess so…” Christopher thought it over for a moment before he smiled. “But I still think she’s got the better deal.”

“Thanks son and you know even if Rebecca will be a part of my life from now on it doesn’t mean that I’ll love you any less. Since you’re my son and nothing and no one can ever change that…I want you to always remember that.”

“Thanks dad. I do love you,” Christopher replied, as he threw his arms around his father in a big hug.

“And I love you,” Bobby replied, glad that they’d gotten this out in the open, “so now what do you say about some dinner?” Bobby suggested. “Since I don’t know about you but I’m starving…”

“Dinner’s good,” Christopher smiled and father and son left the room together, talking and joking, as they left all the memories from the past behind, for the moment at least…
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin. :)I love this story so much. :)I loved the father and son talk that Bobby and Christopher had in this chapter about Pam amd Rebecca. :)I hope things work out for Bobby, Pam, Christopher, and Rebecca and that they are able to become a family and that they get to live happily ever after with the rest of the Ewing family at Southfork.:)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for your feedback Sanda. :)
Well considering how long Pam has been away things can't just magically work out at once now, can they?
But you know I'm a sucker for happy endings. ;)

Okay here's another update. Time to check back with our newlyweds...


The next day in Australia. Bedarra Island was situated near the Great Barrier Reef. It was a beautiful island with tropical rainforests and long sandy beaches surrounded by the crystal clear blue water of the Pacific Ocean. With its many private bungalows situated directly on the beach it was a perfect paradise for honeymooners. On the beach were Lucy and Mitch laying in beach chairs, soaking up the sun. Lucy who was looking in a brochure of the resort said, “And then they have surfing.”

“No way,” Mitch objected.

“Okay how about water skiing?”

“Are you crazy?” Mitch asked. “Do you know how hard it is to keep your balance on those things?”

Lucy sighed, “So how about snorkeling?”

“Do I look like I want to be shark food?”

“Come on there’s plenty of other fishes in the sea.”

“I still think it’s a bad idea!”

“Well if you don’t like to be in the water we could always try Kayaking?”

Mitch looked skeptical, “Doesn’t those tip over easily?”

Lucy pouted, “But Mitch we have to do something!”

Mitch leant over towards her and gave her a kiss before saying, “I thought we were doing plenty last night.”

Lucy smiled flirtatiously, “Well besides that!”

Mitch sighed, “Alright pick something for us to do then. But now I feel like swimming!”

Mitch stood up and Lucy said, “But honey we’re sun-bathing!”

“Well call me crazy but I’ve had enough of just laying around. Besides you’ll get a better tan if you move around!”

“Really?” Lucy smiled. “Well in that case, catch me!” Lucy jumped up and started running towards the water with Mitch shortly behind her. They ran at the edge of the water with the water splashing all around them before he caught up with her. He grabbed her around her waist and spun her around for a passionate kiss that she reciprocated.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Cute update Karin. :)I love this story so much. Mitch and Lucy are so cute together on their honeymoon and I can't wait to find what Lucy picks out for them to do in Australia after they go swimming. :) I hope things work out for them in your story because I love stories with happy endings. :)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda. :)
You'll find out in the next Lucy & Mitch update which activity they will be doing...
But before then we have some other characters to check in with... ;)

Here's another update:


At Southfork the previous evening, JR, Ray, Pam and Rebecca were already gathered in the living room when Bobby & Christopher made it downstairs for dinner. Their presence was a welcomed addition, as the tension in the room was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. Since the people in the room didn’t particularly like each other. JR faked a smile towards Pam and asked, “Something more to drink Pam?”

“No I’ve already had more than enough, thank you,” Pam replied with an equally fake smile, since she knew that drinking really wasn’t good for her. Yet being in the same room as Bobby’s brothers without him had made her nervous enough to drink more than she usually did to calm her nerves.

“We’re here and I’m starved,” Christopher smiled and their entrance immediately made Pam feel a little better.

“Yeah I think it’s time we’d sit down at the dinner table,” Bobby said and Pam hurried to stand up.

JR was also quick on his feet and took charge of the situation as he walked over to the dinner table, starting to boss people around, “Bobby you can take your chair, I take my chair, Chris you can take your old chair, Ray you’ll take Gary’s chair, Rebecca you can take Lucy’s chair and Pam you can take April’s chair,” JR grinned challenging towards Pam.

Bobby flinched at the mentioning of his dead wife's name and he made a face, as he remembered her and all that could have been. Yet April was dead and Pam was back and knowing that he quickly gathered himself, “JR that was unnecessary. You know as well as I do that the chair belonged to Pam first…”

“Exactly so I take my chair,” Pam insisted, as Bobby pulled out the chair for her. Christopher made a face, as he was used to sitting closest to his dad now, but quickly composed himself and sat down on his old chair next to his mom instead.

“Where’s Lucy’s chair?” Rebecca wondered.

“There next to Ray,” JR pointed out.

Rebecca frowned before she objected, “Nah that’s not good. I wanna sit next to my mom.”

“You can’t your brother’s sitting there, but maybe you can sit next to Christopher instead?” Bobby suggested.

“Okay,” Rebecca reluctantly agreed. So soon the whole Ewing family, or at least what was left of it, sat down together for dinner. Rebecca moved her food around on her plate, not really satisfied with the meal of the day, which happened to be chopped liver. So she started looking for an excuse to get rid of her food without eating it and asked sweetly, “You don’t happen to have a dog around here, do you?”

“No sorry we’re not allowed to have pets in the house,” Christopher replied.

“Bummer,” Rebecca pouted, as she started to wonder why her mom had left out the detail that they eat disgusting food at Southfork. Because all her mom had ever talked about were the people who lived there, who were her family and how they were going to love her. Still sitting at the dinner table now, looking at her two uncles and older brother who barely said a word to each other Rebecca didn’t feel particularly loved. Maybe it was because nobody except her dad seemed to actually be interested in getting to know her. All her life Rebecca had looked forward to this moment when she’d take her rightful place at Southfork, with her family. Still now when it was finally here nothing had turned out the way she’d imagined it. Rebecca sighed, as she looked at the older brother she didn’t know, who seemed angry at her presence rather than happy. She then looked at her uncles, her Uncle Ray seemed nice enough, but a bit troubled. But her uncle JR seemed to be giving her the fish eye for some reason and she hadn’t even done anything wrong. Sure her mom had warned her that her uncle JR might not exactly welcome them with open arms. But never had Rebecca imagined the frosty reception they’d got. The bad mood in the room seemed to have affected her parents badly too, as they had seemed far happier last night at the hotel in Odessa than they were here at Southfork. Looking down on her plate again Rebecca swallowed, as she couldn’t help but wondering if her mom had been totally wrong about this place, because it certainly didn’t feel like home to her…
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin. :)Bobby, Pam, Rebecca, and Christopher are so cute together but poor Rebecca. :):( I feel so bad for her because she is so unhappy now that she is at Southfork with her family after all of the wonderful fantasies she had built up in her head about life at Southfork.:( I hope things get better for Rebecca soon and that Bobby, Pam, Rebecca, and Christopher are able to work things out and become a family. :)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback Sanda. :)
Yeah things are not turning out the way Rebecca had imagined them for sure. Of course she is yet to met her grandma...

Here's another update:


The next morning, in Montego Bay on the island of Jamaica. Ironshore golf course was situated nearby the hotel ‘Sandals Royal Jamaican,’ where Miss Ellie and Clayton were staying on their vacation. It was a rather small golf course with a view overlooking the Caribbean ocean. Miss Ellie and Clayton were out on the golf course playing golf, while reggae music could be heard from a distance. Clayton missed a put and Miss Ellie said, “Oh dear!”

“Well I can’t concentrate with that racket in my ears,” Clayton said, as he was clearly annoyed with the background music.

Miss Ellie laughed, “Well I don’t like it either, out of all the lovely golf courses we’ve played on this vacation this got to be the worst!”

“It doesn’t seem to bother you,” Clayton said. “You sank it in two puts.”

“Well that’s because I intend to win this dear,” Miss Ellie smiled.

“Not if I have anything to say about it,” Clayton said with an amused smile. Then he sank his put, “Finally, now where is the next hole?”

“Over there,” Miss Ellie pointed toward the next starting point. They put down their clubs in their golf trolleys and started to walk towards the next hole, as a caddy dragged the golf trolley for them. “Oh by the way, I called the boys at home yesterday and you can never guess who’s on a visit!”

“No who?”

“Ray,” Miss Ellie replied.

Clayton looked happily surprised, “Really, how nice!” Clayton smiled. “I hope they’ll stay until we’ll get home!”

Miss Ellie sighed, “Jenna and Lucas are not with him.”

Clayton looked disappointed, “Oh not this time either?” Clayton sighed. “Why is it that we always have to visit them in Italy?”

“Well Clayton, you know that Jenna feels uncomfortable with Bobby and for Christopher’s sake it’s better that we see them in Europe!”

“I guess, but I don’t know how much longer we’re going to be able to travel like this, we’re not getting any younger!”

“Speaking of which, that’s at least one nice thing about this golf course, you don’t have to walk far between the holes,” Miss Ellie said as they came up to the next hole. “You don’t even have to ride in one of those silly little golf cars!”

“But Ellie I like those cute little golf cars!” Clayton objected.

“Of course you do, but not as much as little Lucas, he was so cute when he went golfing with us in Italy!”

“Cute?” Clayton shook his head. “The kid never got out of the car to hit the ball and whenever we were going to sink a put he kept honking the horn!”

“But still you gotta love those grandkids,” Miss Ellie smiled, before she hit the ball which flew away over the court.
 

Crazy about SE and JR

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
I'm curious because everything seems to be fine for most characters... I mean, there are problems but nothing difficult to solve. I think things are going to be kind of chaotic with JR, Sue Ellen and the family under the same roof (that's why I'm anxious! o_O).
 
Top