Dallas in the 90's

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin.:) I love how you had Pam explain to Bobby her disappearance from the hospital and the events surrounding Rebecca's birth and Pam's recovery from her car accident even though in my opinion Bobby, Pam, and Christopher should have gone through all of that as a family because when you marry someone you vow to love them in sickness and in health.:) :( Please update your story again soon because I can't wait to find out what happens when Bobby meets his daughter Rebecca for the first time.:)
 

pd fan

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
5
hI karin ; I have just one word to say it's excellent :10;I really enjoyed reading your story especially the chapter of Bobby talking with Pam about their daughter:fantastic: ; fabulous and wonderful writing ; congrats to you :bravo:
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you so much for the feedback Sanda and Silvie. I am glad that you both enjoyed reading the last update about Bobby & Pam. :)

Silvie, an extra thank you for all the nice graphics you posted. :)

Sanda, I agree with you that Pam shouldn't have left Bobby in the first place. But well since she did on the show we had to find some way to explain it and do it in a way that enabled her to come back. Also you will find out how Bobby's first meeting with Rebecca will go soon. But first let's head back to England for our next update:


At the Lockwood Estate were Sue Ellen and John Ross sitting up late in front of the TV in the living room. They had just finished watching the movie Terminator II when John Ross suddenly said, “Mama, I’ve been thinking about going back to Southfork.”

His words caught Sue Ellen by surprise, as the blood in her veins went cold, “To Southfork?” She wondered. “But why, don’t you like it here anymore?” She asked, even though deep down she already knew why. It’s because JR called earlier today. I should have known that’s what it would bring, she reflected, as she just knew that JR never called unless he wanted something and naturally this time he wanted the same thing as always, their son.

“Of course I like it here. It’s just that I miss dad, you know I talked to him earlier today and he wanted me to come home and everything seems so good at Southfork.”

Sue Ellen couldn’t do much but sigh, as her suspicions were confirmed, “It does?” Sue Ellen questioned, as Southfork wasn’t exactly known to be a happy home.

“Well yeah, almost everyone’s back, I’ve got Christopher to hang out with and I’d get to see all my old friends again and Uncle Bobby and grandma and grandpa Farlow...”

“Really?” Sue Ellen raised an eyebrow. “I thought that Miss Ellie and Clayton had moved out...”

“No they were just travelling the world for a few years. But they are tired of travelling now so dad told me they’ve moved back again...and cousin Lucy also lives there so like I’ve said almost everyone’s back so I’d get to see almost my whole family...”

“Okay, okay John Ross I understand...seems like you do have almost everything at Southfork these days...”

“Yeah, I do...except you...” John Ross added and gave Sue Ellen one of his sad looks. “I’m sure gonna miss you when I’ll go there Mama...”

“And I’m gonna miss you too John Ross, still I’ve been really spoiled having you all to myself for so many years and I did promise you that you would always be able to choose for yourself who you wanted to live with...” Sue Ellen reasoned.

“Oh no mama, don’t get me wrong. I said I’m going, not moving back to Southfork. Meaning that I’ll go there for a visit...”

“Oh okay,” Sue Ellen let out a sigh of relief. “You know that makes me really glad to hear,” she smiled, as it felt good to know that she hadn’t lost her son, at least not yet.

“Yeah but I’m still gonna miss you when I go there, I mean I’m so used to having you around...unless of course...”

“Unless what?” Sue Ellen asked, as she could hear the alarm bells go off in her head.

“Unless you wanna go with me?” John Ross asked. “You know I’d sure hate to take that long flight home all by myself and...”

“Oh no John Ross, I think it’s sweet of you to want me with you, but I’ve had enough of Southfork to last me a lifetime...”

“Oh come on Mama, don’t be like that. I mean Southfork really is a beautiful place and you’d get to see grandma and grandpa, Lucy, Uncle Bobby and Christopher. I mean those people were your family for years so don’t you miss them?”

“Well I guess it would be nice to see them again John Ross, but let’s not forget that they aren’t the only ones living at Southfork...”

“Oh you mean dad...”

“Yeah I mean JR. You know after everything we’ve been through I don’t think it’s a good idea...”

“Why not?” John Ross pouted. “I know the two of you didn’t part on the best of terms but he is my father and can’t you guys at least try to bury the hatches for my sake?”

“I don’t know John Ross,” Sue Ellen bit her lip. “I want to, but so much has happened that I don’t know if we can anymore...”

“Well I think you can, I know dad wants to.”

Sue Ellen narrowed her eyes, “Oh he does, doesn’t he?”

“Yeah,” John Ross nodded.

“And I bet he was the one who asked you to persuade me into coming too, wasn’t he?” Sue Ellen asked sarcastically.

Noticing her tone of voice John Ross went into defense mood, “Oh...not exactly persuade, but he did invite you...”

Sue Ellen laughed, “Well that sounds like the same ol’ JR I know...he’s always after something and God help me if he thinks that he and I would ever...”

“No Mama, it’s not like that, he doesn’t want anything from you,” John Ross hurried to cut off his mother. “He was just thinking of me, as I told him how much I’d miss you and then he offered that maybe I could bring you.”

“Oh,” Sue Ellen said, as she didn’t know whether that should make her disappointed or relieved. “Well if that’s really the case, I guess I could at least consider it.”

“Thanks Mama, you’re the best!” John Ross exclaimed, as he gave her a big hug.

“Well I didn’t say I’d come, I said I’d consider it.”

“I know but that mean you might come with me and remember it’s just a visit for a month. So it’s not like anything really could happen in that time anyway.”

“Well knowing your father I’m not so sure, but it would be really nice to see the rest of the family again and it might be good for you to get to spend some time with all of us. So I’ll think about it,” Sue Ellen agreed and John Ross smiled satisfied, as round one was won.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you MissTexas, also you are spot on. JR does have a tendency to get what he wants even if Sue Ellen usually has a pretty good idea what he's up to these days. ;)

Here's another update:


Bobby wasn’t really sure how much time that had passed by since they’d left the restaurant. But it felt like forever until they finally reached Pam’s house, which was located in the Beverly Hills area of Los Angeles. It was a big white house with two floors and palm trees in front of it. The house had a big oak tree door with white pillars framing the porch. The big garden was framed by a metal fence. It was a quite nice house and he could see why Pam would want to live like that, even though it certainly was no Southfork. “Nice place you’ve got here,” Bobby tried to be polite, as they walked up towards the entry.

“Thanks,” Pam smiled, as she put the key in the door and they went in. “Rebecca! Rebecca honey?” Pam called out for their daughter. “Where are you?”

Bobby felt a bit nervous at the prospect of that he’d any minute be faced with their daughter. Yet he was also excited and the whole situation somehow reminded him of back when he’d thought that Charlie might have been his daughter. “Maybe she’s not at home?”

“Nah, she’s probably just out playing in the garden,” Pam replied and they started walking towards the backyard instead. On their way over there they ran into Nancy, who confirmed Pam’s assumptions, young Miss Rebecca was indeed out in the garden playing. Nancy threw Bobby some curious glances but Pam didn’t offer much of an explanation and instead they kept making their way through the house.

“You didn’t introduce me,” Bobby commented.

“No need to, she already knows who you are.”

“Oh,” was his only reply, “and Rebecca?”

“What about Rebecca?”

“Does she know who I am as well?”

“Yes, she’s seen your picture, I can’t promise she’ll recognize you from it but...I’ve never kept her daddy a secret from her,” Pam explained.

Bobby nodded and hoped that this might make their meeting a bit easier on him, “Well that’s nice,” he said awkwardly. “She knows more about me than I do about her.”

Pam sighed as she could sense that this wasn’t easy on him. “I’ve said I’m sorry, what more do you want from me?”

“Nothing at this point,” Bobby mumbled, as he could sense that his emotions were in turmoil. To see Pam again was enough to get to him, but to also be faced with a daughter who was presumably his and Pam’s was almost too much for him. They walked the last bit in silence and after what seemed like forever they eventually made it out to the patio.

“Rebecca?” Pam called out and Bobby tried to scan the backyard in the hopes of catching a glimpse of her, but somehow he couldn’t find her anywhere, even though it was obvious that there was a little girl living in the house as her toys were scattered all over the place. Dolls, jumping ropes, a pair of roller skates, a purple CD player, stuffed animals, crayons, the list could be made endless and looking around the place Bobby couldn’t help but wondering where Pam’s sense of discipline had went as her place had never looked this messy when Christopher was little.

“Yes Mommy?” A voice suddenly called back, and looking in the direction of the sound Bobby finally caught a first glimpse of their daughter, Rebecca Ewing. She was sitting on the swings making her way through the air and she looked as free as a bird and full of life.

“Rebecca, come here!” Pam called. “I have someone with me that I’d like you to meet.”

“Okay,” Rebecca replied, as she jumped off the swing and came rushing towards them with her longish brown hair dancing around her shoulders as she ran. “So who is he Mom?” Rebecca asked curiously, as she came to a stop right in front of them. Getting a better look at her now Bobby got goose bumps, as there was no doubt about it. If he’d ever doubted Pam’s story those doubts were washed away when he saw her, as the little girl had his hazel brown eyes and Pam’s smile. She was just incredibly pretty and looked way too much like them not to be theirs.

“Your daddy,” Pam told Rebecca seriously and the little girl looked thoughtful for a moment before her eyes turned hopeful and her face lit up in a bright smile, which Bobby reciprocated when Pam went on. “Bobby this is our daughter Rebecca and Rebecca this is your daddy Bobby whom I’ve told you about!”

“Yeah I remember, hi daddy!” Rebecca beamed.

“Hi Rebecca,” Bobby said hesitatingly, as he didn’t know how to approach her.

Fortunately he didn’t have to wonder for long though as Rebecca, who surely wasn’t shy, decided to take the first step and before he knew it Rebecca had thrown herself around his stomach, embracing him in a tight hug. “I’m so glad that you finally came daddy. Mommy’s been telling me so much about you and she said that you might not come for us, but I always knew you’d come some day!” Rebecca blabbered happily and as Bobby hugged her back he had to blink back tears of joy from his eyes, as this little girl was just more than he’d dared hoping for...
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great updates Karin. :)I am so happy that Sue Ellen agreed to think about visiting Southfork with John Ross.:) Bobby and Pam so cute together with their daughter Rebecca. :)I love that Rebecca called Bobby Daddy and that she hugged Bobby right away after they met.:) I also love that little Rebecca is a hopeless romantic like her mom and that she knew her Daddy would come for her and her mom one day.:)Please update your again soon because I can't wait to find out what happens next with Bobby, Pam, and their daughter Rebecca. :)
 
Last edited:
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda. I'm glad that you enjoyed the latest updates. I suppose that Rebecca takes after Pam in some things because so far she's raised her single-handedly. Well I guess anyone who's read the "one shots" I posted already knows that Sue Ellen will return to Southfork in this story... ;)
Also you can have another update tonight. But it's not a Bobby & Pam one as it's time to catch up with some more characters...


The next day in Sydney, Australia, at a justice of the peace office there was a wedding ceremony going on. The bride was a short woman who was wearing a knee long red dress and high heels. She was also wearing a red flower, as decoration in her shoulder length blonde hair. The flower complemented her wedding bouquet, which consisted of white and red roses. Her brown eyes sparkled with happiness, as she looked up at her husband to be. The groom was rather tall with brown hair and blue eyes. He was dressed in a black jacket and tie and had a red shirt on. The justice of the peace minister turned to the woman and said, “Do you Lucy Ann Ewing, take thee Mitchell Cooper to be your lawfully wedded husband and do you promise to love and to cherish him as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” Lucy smiled, as she looked up into the love of her life’s blue eyes. Mitch had gotten a lot older than the first time she’d said those words to him, as at the age of 40 his face had gotten some lines and yet in Lucy’s eyes he was still as handsome as ever. In a way it was crazy that they were getting married again, as after failing to make it work two times before there were no guarantees they’d make it work this time either.

Yet after wasting 7 years of her life after their last divorce, by running after men who could not live up to Mitch, Lucy was pretty certain of what she didn’t want in a man. In fact she was sick of men, who were still pining over someone else like Alex, divorced with children like Jason, not willing to commit to a serious relationship like Joey or were downright conmen like Casey. Yes Lucy sure had had her fair share of men and after all her relationships she was well aware of what she didn’t want. She had been hurt so many times when she was younger by men, who had used her to advance their career like Alan, who went after her for her money like Eddie, who was married like Greg, who was abusive like Roger or even related to her like Ray. After everything she’d been through in her 33 years, Lucy now knew how hard it was to find true love. Except for with Mitch she’d only ever found love with two other men, the first one had been Kit, who had turned out to be gay and the second one was Mickey, who’d died way too soon. Except for them, only Mitch had truly loved her. Unlike a lot of other men he didn’t want her because she was a Ewing and had all that money. No he wanted her despite the fact that she was a Ewing. So knowing how hard it was to find a good man who was honest, loving, protective, kind, hard-working, intelligent, proud, successful, helpful and rational like Mitch, and after giving it a lot of thought she’d realized two things. The first was that the reason why all her relationships after Mitch had failed was because she still loved him and the second was that she could do no better in choosing a father for her future children than Mitch. So here they were again, choosing to give their love a third chance.

“And do you Mitchell Cooper take thee Lucy Ann Ewing to be your lawfully wedded wife and do you promise to love and to cherish her as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” Mitch smiled, as he looked down into Lucy’s brown eyes that looked at him with so much love. There was something about that woman that had always fascinated him. Despite being adventurous, enthusiastic, bubbly, impulsive, sarcastic and emotional, which was everything that he was not, he couldn’t help but feeling attracted to her. Her love of life was obvious in everything she did, as she was passionate, beautiful, self-confident, loving, mischievous, energetic, charismatic, hot-tempered, stubborn and used to getting what she wanted. He was hot-tempered too and sometimes their personalities clashed, but one thing was certain there was never a boring moment being married to Lucy. Maybe he was crazy to marry her again but Mitch had to admit that his life had been pretty empty and boring without her.

As much as Mitch loved his job, being a doctor didn’t keep him warm at night and there simply was no other woman who could measure up to Lucy in his eyes. He’d tried to find love after her and he had had a serious relationship with Diana, a nurse at the hospital and yet it was like something had been missing all the time, as that relationship had been based on a mutual love of medicine and doing a profession where you get to help people. Yet there was something about talking about last night’s surgery in bed that was a big turn off, even to Mitch. Besides with two workaholics, there never seemed to be the right time to get married and have kids. After being engaged for three years they just had to realize that they could never make it work. They were simply too alike and neither one of them had prioritized the relationship. Maybe that’s why it had never sparkled like his relationship with Lucy did. In fact the moment he’d laid eyes upon her here in Australia, Mitch had known that lighting could sometimes strike thrice. So here they were again, getting married for the third time.

The justice of the peace smiled at the couple in front of him as he finished the wedding ceremony with the words, “Then I now pronounce you as husband and wife. You may go on kissing the bride!”

Mitch and Lucy exchanged a smile before they gave each other a long kiss. They were both so happy to be married again and although it was the third time they entered into this holy state they knew that their odds of making it last this time were better than ever. Since they were not getting married at Southfork this time but on the other side of the world…
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Fabulous updates. I'm REALLY happy JR hasn't given up on Sue Ellen and even though I'm still not sure I like how sneaky he's being I'm still happy it's working.
Also really liked the Bobby and Pam reunion and LOVED Bobby meeting little Rebecca (though I think he's letting Pam off way to easily, given how long she stayed away and probably would've stayed gone had HE not bumped into HER).
Also very cool to see Lucy and Mitch.
All these old couple reunions gives me more hope for JR and Sue Ellen (which is what I REALLY want to see).

P.S. Happy Ray is free of Jenna too LOL.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you so much to everyone for writing such nice feedback. I do appreciate all of your comments. :)

Sanda, I'm glad you're enjoying the Lucy & Mitch reconcilation as well. :)

Crazy about SE & JR, I'm glad to see that you've found this story and that you love the JR/SE scenes. :)
If you don't want to read the rest that's up to you. But it will be like fastforwarding the show and only watching the JR/SE scenes. So you might miss something in another scene when the plots gets more integrated further on. Anyway you are in luck as the next update is a JR one.

Silvie, I'm glad that you're still enjoying the story. :)

Honkytonkangel, an extra thank you for your detailed feedback. Then as for all the old couple reunions, what can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic and I love most Dallas couples. My favorites being JR/SE and Bobby & Pam though. :)
You are right about Bobby & Pam, he is being very forgiving but I guess he realizes that he has to be if he wants Pam to be a part of his life from now on. Also I think at this point Bobby is very much overwhelmed by all this as he never expected to see Pam again or to have a daughter with her.

Anyway enough said and let's move on to the update:



Meanwhile at Southfork it was about dinner time the previous evening. JR was in a good mood when he came home from work, but his good mood quickly evaporated when he took one look into the living room and saw that they had unwanted company. “Well hi there Ray, I didn’t expect to see you here!” JR said with an insincere smile. He wasn’t that pleased to see his half brother on this side of the Atlantic but he knew better than to let him know that. “So what brings you to town?”

“Oh no particular reason,” Ray shrugged his shoulders, “just thought I’d stop by for a visit that’s all.”

“Okay good,” JR said, as he walked up to the man shaking his hand. Then he poured himself a drink and gave his brother a sincere smile as he asked, “So are Jenna and Lucas upstairs?”

Ray shifted uncomfortably at the question before he said, “No, they didn’t come with me.”

JR looked disappointed upon hearing that, as he had always liked Jenna and he had been looking forward to see his little nephew again too, “But why not?”

“They had a previous engagement,” Ray said dodging the question but JR was never one to let it go.

“Oh that’s right Charlie’s graduating from Berkeley today, isn’t she?”

Ray raised an eyebrow in surprise, “How did you know?”

“Haven’t you learnt by now that I know everything worth knowing?” JR smiled his shit eating grin and Ray sighed, as his older brother went on, “So how come you’re missing it?” Ray flinched at the question and seeing his brother’s discomfort JR pressed on. “I mean shouldn’t you be in California with them today of all days?”

“Quite frankly JR that’s none of your business,” Ray said testily.

“So I take it there’s a problem in paradise?”

“Jenna and I are doing just fine, if that’s what you’re getting at,” Ray lied, as he refused to give JR the satisfaction of pouring salt in his wounds.

“Well I’m glad to hear that, since you’d be a fool to let that woman go Ray,” JR reminded his brother, “but actually I was referring to the girl. She doesn’t like having you as her step-dad, does she?”

“Charlie’s an adult JR.”

“Just as I thought,” JR said before he swallowed the last of his drink. “You still don’t get along with her and that’s the reason she doesn’t want you at her college graduation. You simply weren’t invited,” JR said hitting a nerve, before he excused himself and walked upstairs to change for dinner. Looking after him Ray felt angry, annoyed and sad. He had tried his best to be a good father to Jenna’s children. It hadn’t always been easy as he and Charlie had had their fair share of disagreements over the years. Still he’d thought that she’d respected him, so to get snubbed from attending her graduation had really hurt him and the worst part about it was that he just didn’t understand why Charlie had forbidden him to come.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Crazy about SE and JR. I'm glad to hear that you will give the rest of the story a chance too. :)
Oh and on a sidenote, since you love JR/SE you should check out Rosie's new story "Just Like Old Times". She writes wonderful JR/SE stories. ;)

Thanks Sanda, you'll find out soon why Ray wasn't invited to Charlie's graduation...

Here's another update:


In San Francisco were Jenna, Charlie, Lucas and Randy out having a celebration dinner at a fancy restaurant downtown. They were sitting in a booth and were really enjoying themselves. After finishing a toast Charlie turned to her mother and said, “This was a nice idea mom. I am so glad that you could come to my graduation.”

“Well of course I wouldn’t miss it for anything in the world,” Jenna smiled.

“It’s just too bad that daddy had to work,” Lucas grumbled.

His remark made Jenna and Charlie twitch uncomfortably before Jenna turned to her daughter, “You know Ray really wanted to be here Charlie.”

“I know,” Charlie sighed, “but since you haven’t told him about Randy and me,” Charlie took Randy’s hand into her own. “It could have ruined the day!”

Jenna sighed and Randy said, “Yeah really Mrs. Krebbs, how long are you planning to keep me a secret from your husband?”

“I don’t know, it’s complicated,” Jenna sighed. “I mean he did forbid you to see Charlie and…”

“I know mom,” Charlie interrupted Jenna, “but that was when I was 15 and in case you haven’t noticed. I’m not a teenager anymore!”

“I know but try telling Ray that,” Jenna groaned.

Charlie sighed, “You know I really liked him a lot better when he wasn’t my step-dad.”

“Well try to get along with him this summer, will you?”

“Of course,” Charlie promised. Before turning to Randy, “I just don’t know how I’m gonna get along without you all summer!”

“I’m gonna miss you too but I have to work,” Randy sighed.

“But I thought you worked for your dad,” Lucas pondered. “Can’t you just take time off?”

“Unfortunately no, my dad’s already on my case because I haven’t done enough this year.”

“Well I still think it sucks that you’re not coming with me to Capri tomorrow,” Charlie said.

“I’m sorry babe but somebody’s gotta pack up our stuff and move them to Dallas,” Randy reasoned.

Charlie bit her lip, “You know I really don’t like that you’re gonna drive all that way alone!”

Lucas face lit up in a huge smile and he said, “You’re gonna drive from here to Dallas?”

“Yes,” Randy nodded.

“Alright, I love road trips!” Lucas beamed. “You want some company?” Lucas asked. “I would love to go!”

Jenna laughed before she said, “In case you haven’t figured it out, Lucas loves cars!”

“Sure do,” Lucas smiled. “And I would love a road trip in the US, please mommy say I can go with Randy?”

“Honey you can’t. We’re flying home tomorrow!”

Lucas sighed, “Already?”

“Cheer up Lucas, you’ll get to see your dad when you come home,” Charlie said.

“Well okay, but promise me we’ll take a US road trip some other time mommy?”

“I promise!” Jenna said and Lucas smiled happily at the prospect of going on a road trip in the USA some day in the future.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Poor Ray. He can do WAAAY better than Jenna though (why'd he have to screw things up with Donna, LOL) and although Charlie is technically grown she's still a whiny, selfish little brat and I wanna smack her and her mother.
Loved JR here, even though it ain't right it does make me giggle when he screws with Ray (He's so hot when he's bad).
Can't wait to see what happens next.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin. I love this story so much and I can't wait to find out what happens next in your story. I am not a fan of Bobby and Jenna sharing a child together. Ray should have raised his daughter Margaret with Donna and Bobby should have played an active role in Lucas's life and he should not have shielded Christopher from his half brother Lucas because he was adopted after Pam left the show since Bobby wanted a child so badly. Shielding Christopher from bad stuff in life is only going to make things more difficult for Christopher when he gets older and he has to face the real world without his parents. I also hated the way BOTH Pam and Jenna acted towards Bobby when Jenna was carrying Bobby's baby and Bobby was trying to do right by Jenna and their child when he wanted to start a trust fund for their child.
 
Last edited:
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Honkytonkangel, JR when he's bad makes me laugh too. Some of the things he said and did on the show were just hilarious. You can't help but rooting for him. :) Then as for Jenna & Ray, I agree that they were mismatched. Charlie might be an adult now, but she's fresh out of collage and hasn't really experienced "the real world" yet. Life won't be as easy for her when she starts working...

Sanda, I agree with you that Ray & Donna shouldn't have split up when she was pregnant. They should have raised Margaret together. Bobby should also have been more active in Lucas life. But well according to what was set up on the show they weren't. I also agree that Bobby giving up Lucas to shield Christopher wasn't really fair to either one of his children. He denied Christopher the chance of having a brother and he denied Lucas the chance to know his natural father. As it is now Lucas thinks that Ray is his father.

Anyway here's another update:



Bobby had ended up staying for dinner at Pam’s house that night and he had also called Christopher to let him know that he was going to drive back from Los Angeles and that he’d bring a surprise with him. Christopher had sounded happy to hear that and had told him that Ray had returned to Southfork. At first Pam had wanted to talk to Christopher too. But he had managed to persuade her that it would be easier on both of them if they didn’t talk until they saw each other face to face, as so much time had passed by that there was no telling how Christopher would respond to her on the phone. Eventually she’d understood and maybe it was for the best really, as after all if she’d waited 8 years to talk to her son, a couple of more days didn’t seem like such a big deal. Over all they had had a very nice evening and Bobby had gotten to know his daughter some.

First they had sat around and talked over dinner, then they had played a board game before they had tucked Rebecca in together, reading her bedtime stories. Then Pam had showed him some pictures from Rebecca’s upbringing and he’d been surprised to learn that she had also kept some pictures of him and Christopher around the house. Granted those were all old ones, but he’d still been surprised that she had them. But apparently she’d had some men from Barnes-Wentworth send over some of her stuff without his knowledge and it was also because of these pictures that Rebecca had been able to respond so well to him. Because as Pam had explained to him, even if he hadn’t known about Rebecca before she’d always kept her informed about him and Christopher and the other relatives back in Dallas, as she wanted their daughter to know her family background. Sitting there catching up the time had just flown away so fast.

Now it was already really late and they were becoming more aware of that they were alone together. The tension was building up between them. Feeling too much for her and not wanting to act on it, Bobby uncomfortably got up from the couch, “I think I’d better get going,” Bobby said reluctantly. “It’s already past eleven!”

“Oh I didn’t realize that it was that late…” Pam said, as she put the photo album down and stood up too. They started to walk towards the hallway.

“Well time flies when you’re having a good time…”

“Sure does, so…” Pam paused for a moment, as she was reluctant to let him out of her sight. But at the same time she didn’t want to scare him by being too pushy either. “How are you planning to get back to the hotel?”

“I figured I’d call a cab…”

“Well you could do that,” Pam paused. “Or maybe you wanna borrow my car?”

“Well that would definitely be easier…”

“Good then it’s decided,” Pam smiled, as she handed him the car keys. “So which time will you return tomorrow?”

“It depends, how much time do you need to pack?”

“Well if we only bring some of our most necessary stuff I think we’d be done packing at about 10 tomorrow so how about if you'll pick us up by then?”

“Sure Pam, I don’t have that much luggage with me, so I should be able to check out from the hotel by 9 and then I can come back here and meet you here at 10,” Bobby agreed.

“Good and hurry back Bobby, we don’t wanna get stuck in the lunch traffic. We have a long trip ahead of us,” Pam smiled.

“I know,” Bobby nodded. “Never did I imagine that I’d be driving back to Texas…”

“Well we could have taken the flight if you would have preferred that. It’s just that I thought it could be a good idea to have my own car in Dallas…”

“No it’s okay,” Bobby reassured her. “You should definitely bring your car. That way you can come and go as you’d like without borrowing my car all the time.”

“That’s what I thought,” Pam nodded.

“Besides this road trip will give me a chance to get to know my daughter before introducing her to the family!”

“I’m glad you said that,” Pam smiled. “Can you imagine JR’s face when he’ll find out…”

“That there’s another Ewing heir, oh yeah, I bet he’ll be thrilled!” Bobby laughed.

Pam laughed too before turning serious, “I hope Christopher will take it well. I never meant to choose one kid over another…”

“I know and I really hope he’ll be okay with this too.”

“Well I guess there’s just one way to find out,” Pam said nervously.

“True but before then we have a long trip ahead of us, so I really must be going now…” Bobby said as he opened the door and stepped out onto the porch. He then turned around to say goodbye to her only to notice that she’d followed him out onto the porch. Their eyes locked and then there was a moment of awkward silence between the two of them. He could read in her eyes that she wanted to be kissed, but not wanting to get burned again he settled for giving her a kiss on the cheek. “So well I’ll see ya tomorrow!” He said before he turned and walked away, leaving Pam standing looking after him.

“Yeah tomorrow,” Pam whispered, as she could see Bobby drive off in her car. She then went back indoors only to find that Rebecca wasn’t up sleeping in her room at all, as she was sitting in the stairs, eavesdropping on her parents’ conversation.

“Wow Mommy! Daddy kissed you on the cheek,” Rebecca giggled. “Maybe that means that he still loves you?”

“Rebecca why aren’t you in bed?” Pam tried to be strict. “We tucked you in hours ago!”

“I know but I couldn’t sleep. Is it true that I really have a daddy now?” She wondered.

“What do you mean?” Pam asked confused. “You’ve always had a daddy.”

“Yeah but is he gonna be a real daddy now?” Rebecca asked. “I mean one that will be a part of my life and take me riding horses and teach me how to swim and go with us to parenting meetings at school and such?” Rebecca wondered. “Like Angela’s father does with her?”

Pam nodded, “Well yeah, if everything works out I think that he might...I hope so.”

“Me too,” Rebecca smiled, before she frowned. “But he lives in Dallas right?”

“Right.”

“So are we really gonna move there then?”

“Yes Rebecca if everything works out we are. Then we’ll get to live at Southfork, you know that big ranch house I’ve told you about?”

“Oh yes, I wanna live at Southfork. I mean they’ve got horses and everything,” Rebecca beamed.

“Yeah they sure got everything alright,” Pam smiled, as the whole conversation sort of reminded her of the time she’d told Christopher they were moving back home again. Only difference was that back then things had been more settled, as she and Bobby had been engaged to be remarried. Now things weren’t that easy and as she didn’t want Rebecca to get her hopes up too high she went on. “But remember Rebecca, it all depends on how things work out between your daddy and me because we’re only going to Southfork for a visit to start with and then we’ll see what happens, okay?”

“Yeah okay,” Rebecca agreed. “Still I can’t wait to get to see Southfork. After everything you’ve told me about it I bet it’s great!” Rebecca smiled and Pam smiled back. Even though a part of her couldn’t help but wondering how long it would take to ruin Rebecca’s fantasy of Southfork as the perfect home. Because there sure was a lot of tension going on in that house as well and even though she knew just how rotten it could be at times, she couldn’t wait to get back there herself, as she’d just missed Christopher so much...
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Cute update Karin. :)I love this story so much and I can't wait find out what happens next. Bobby and Pam are ao cute together. I love that their daughter Rebecca spied on them when they were talking privately and I love how excited Rebecca is about visiting Southfork. :) I especially love that the three of them are driving back together to Southfork and that they are be spending sometime together as a family before Rebecca meets her brother Christopher and the rest of her father's family. :)I can't wait for Pam's reunion with Christopher and for the rest of the family to meet Rebecca.:) It will interesting to hear what JR has to say about Rebecca.:)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda. I thought you would enjoy that Bobby & Pam update. :)
Oh yeah JR's reaction to Rebecca, it's worth waiting for that's all I can say...

Also here's another short scene:


The sorority houses were located on the south side of Berkeley University campus area. On 2732 Channing Way the sorority Gamma Phi Beta had their clubhouse, which was a big white house. Inside of the house the farewell party was just getting started when Charlie and Randy appeared at the door. A tall girl with rather tall curly blond hair came up to meet them with a big smile on her face, “Charlie, Randy, great that you could come!”

“Celine!” Charlie returned the greeting and they hugged each other. “Can you believe that we’ve finally graduated?”

Celine smiled, “I know it’s so surreal, let’s celebrate, Matt!” Celine called out to a tall guy with dark hair. “Charlie and Randy are here, get the champagne will you?”

“Sure thing,” Matt called back, before he went to fetch the glasses and walked over to them. “Great to see you guys!” Matt greeted Charlie and Randy before he handed them a champagne glass each.

Charlie took the glass and said, “Thanks.” Then she raised her glass with the words, “To freedom?”

“To freedom,” the others replied before emptying their champagne glasses. Tonight life was great and they planned to celebrate their graduation all night long.
 
Top