Random things you hate

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
&Amp' :scream:

Nooooo.....I did NOT type Amp' and I also did NOT hope that it would spontaneously become Amp'. In fact, there is never going to be a reason for me to use Amp' in any kind of text or message. Never.

Never.
 

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I hate opening my mailbox just to find bills, more bills and more and more bills! That really makes me miss my childhood.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
It's love letters from Bill Pullman, Bill Murray, Bill Paxton, Bill Clinton, Bill Maher, etc.

Don't handle that one from Bill Cosby too much, or you might start feeling light-headed.
 

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
&Amp' :scream:

Nooooo.....I did NOT type Amp' and I also did NOT hope that it would spontaneously become Amp'. In fact, there is never going to be a reason for me to use Amp' in any kind of text or message. Never.

Never.

What would make some sites turn some text into that?!
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
Menstrual cramps.

If menstrual cramps was a person..... well, one person isn't enough - it requires two:


who_do_we_hate_more_ramsay_bolton_vs_joffrey_baratheon_9.jpg
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
Extremely sensitive car alarms going off in the middle of the night and the owner doesn't hear it.
There's one such car alarm in the neighbourhood.
And it's beeping right now, and has for the past 5 minutes.

I've lost count on how many times it's gone off, but I am sure we've passed 20 times by now.
 
Last edited:

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
When the temperature has reached 32.4 celsius (90.32 Fahrenheit) and the air-con at work fails. I then had to bring it to the managers attention. Of course they hadn't realised...they don't work :a2:
 

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
8
I really don't like when the filling falls out of a sandwich when I start to eat it. My blood boils, I calculate just how much money I have lost on it and I want someone to die violently on Hollyoaks, which fortunately doesn't keep me waiting long in that respect, except that my least favourite characters keep escaping death. If it is a gherkin which has fallen out, I become enraged. To anyone observing this, I do not externally exhibit any reaction. I do not internally emotionally react to other things though.

That really makes me miss my childhood.

I've never got out of mine. Even now, my bendability gets me mistaken for a school child.

I hate selfies. It's like, was there no one else who wanted to take your picture? There's always something missing in those pictures - it registers, but never captures.
It's utterly, utterly soulless.
I'd never done one ever until when I was asked to do one with Lindsay Wagner and another with Peter Davison. And one with the utterly lovely Caron Gardner. And dear William Gaunt, for charity. I didn't charge them. I rarely pose for photos. A first cousin once removed said that I look markedly different every time in each existing photo of me that it saw.
 
Last edited:

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
When everything is great, except one thing. Then that thing annoys you and takes away all the fun.

I love my colleagues - all except one. That person is seriously annoying me. :2B:
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Spending a few hours cleaning the car. I go inside to grab my car keys to reverse the car into the garage. Upon my return I discover a bird has left a nice deposit. :mad:
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I don't know if it's a Belfast/NI thing, but people who just cannot hold a conversation at a normal volume. They have it so THE WHOLE PLACE CAN HEAR THEM.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Nooooo.....I did NOT type
​
Amp'​
and I also did NOT hope that it would spontaneously ​
become​
​
Amp'​
. In fact, there is never going to be a reason for me to use ​
Amp'​
in any kind of text or message. Never.​
​
I see this occur in many places when someone types the "&" symbol, AKA the ampersand. I always assumed the software being used did not interpret that symbol correctly and tried to "write it out" (amp), so I just avoided using that symbol. The symbol almost became a letter of the alphabet way back when.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Vape boxes. Do I smoke? NO. Do I want to? NO.

Kindly stop blowing your VAPE all over the street and into my face.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
This is SO random, but I hate the expression 'Mother and Baby are doing well' and the need to say it after every child is born. Can we not just say 'Everybody is ok'? :D
 
Top