Random things you hate

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
@Willie Oleson The other one is Amanda Knox. Now I know what Amanda Knox is known for - however WOULD YOU, I mean WOULD YOU, make a documentary and talk about how much sex you had, knowing your parents would hear it?

Sorry but just no.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
And would you behave like a slut in one of those Temptation Island shows, when your parents can watch you doing these things? Unbelievable! Outrageous!
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
No. I'm an actress and in the first love scene I had to do it read that I had to be naked and perhaps show my - well you know. I was actually so horrified by my parents seeing it.

But luckily it was all shown from a cat's point of view - pardon the pun.
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Deluxe edition CDs like Kylie's "Golden" and Rick Astley's "Beautiful Life" that are taller than standard CD packages so they can't be shelved in alphabetical by artist, chronological by release date order as God intended.
 
Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
I SO hate it when my stapler runs out of staples, and it always happens at the most inconvenient times, like, when I'm about to staple something.
Somehow it's not possible to be prepared for it, you only know it when it happens. That horrible feeling of the non-existent staple not going through the papers.
It's devastating!
 

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
44

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Those Daily Mail "unrecognisable actor/actress" clickbait headlines... so many celebrities that are so unrecognisable but the paps were still able to take a picture for writers to then trash their appearance:mad:
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I cannot bear souped up car engines and really do struggle (badly) to understand the point of them.
 

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
It really annoys me that the British say "I couldn't care less" which makes sense (to me, at least) but Americans say "I could care less" which makes no sense.

If anyone ever learns an explanation for the American version, please update me because I'm confused o_O
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
well Sarah i'm not into show business but when nudity is called for a role the way i look at it is, if you aren't the type to do nudity in every role like some actress's do or have done a lot of it like say Nicole Kidman. than it wouldn't surprise me if you just need the role that actually fits into the story. i read an interview that Heather Graham did oh i think around the time of boogie nights and she had never done nudity in film before she has in other films since than but the reason she did it for Boogie nights was cause it went with the story and on the type of film that was i can see her reasoning. that;'s what she said she told her folks when they asked why she did it, i dunno about the roles she did nudity after that though,

that's how i look at it anyways, also if you are worried about your folks seeing than tell them not to watch it, here's a good example Michael Madsen who depending on the role can be very good or really bad in other roles depending on the film or if my guess he gives a damn about the role or his performance. a good director helps too i'm guessing too,

anyways, he watches all his sister's movies but when his sister and i read this years ago tells him she did nudity for this or that film he doesn't watch. i can respect that but than not every woman has to do nudity at all. either way i respect your decision either way. anyways, i didn't mean to talk about it that much sorry about that, but on stuff i can't stand is reality shows.

now the ones that do help people i don't mind, like for example as we call it in my family the 600 lb fat guy on TLC. that actually helps people or Hoarders i do love that one. but the other ones can just go away like say yes to the dress my mom loves that one for some reason, Temptation island is another one that should be banned from tv as well.

any couple who goes on that show and weather they fail or not doesn't have my respect, now if you are offered it and turn it down i have respect for them than. and any couple that is together for a long time and there are trust issues i'm guessing those are the ones that decide to do the show. i'd never do it if i was in a serious relationship not only of of respect of whoever i was with but i would lose my own respect for myself if i did that show
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I cannot stand (and I mean I will be visceral about it), my morning routine being interrupted. If I don't get my cup of coffee in peace, without having to hear what everyone else got up to or what they did that morning I'm a beast.

 

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
It really annoys me that the British say "I couldn't care less" which makes sense (to me, at least) but Americans say "I could care less" which makes no sense.

If anyone ever learns an explanation for the American version, please update me because I'm confused o_O

I'm an American, and I agree with you. It
doesn't make any sense. I don't know how it came to be so prevalent. Probably some celebrity said it and people took it for granted this was correct.:re:
 
Top