• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Random things you hate

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
People who leave their clothes in the washer or dryer forever. It happens with the dryer sometimes where I live. I hate having to take someone's large happy faced underwear and bras out of the dryer for them!
This reminds me of a story regarding my laundry. Many years ago I bought a pack of 3 boxer briefs in Top Man which at the time of buying I thought one pair was black, one was green and the third was green with black spots on it. When I got home I realised the third pair was in fact a leopard skin pattern in black and green. Not wanting to look like a lounge lizard I never wore them and they stayed in a drawer for about 15 years.

Last year during lockdown when shops were shut I couldn't buy any new underwear so I had to resort to wearing this pair. When I washed them I was almost too embarrassed to put them on the washing line until I realised that if I turned them inside out, the leopard print wouldn't show. It was a windy day and a few things blew off the line and when I went to take in my clothes, I could see the leopard print underpants on my neighbour's lawn! Imagine my shame when I had to knock on their door to ask them to retrieve those underpants for me.
:embarrassed:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I got a case of that several years ago. Yes, it is awful. Took several months to get it to go away. I still have that brace/boot thing the doctor had me wear when I slept.

I recall freezing a can of lemonade and rolling my foot over it to ease the pain while I sat at my desk. My doctor recommended it and it actually did help....when you get desperate enough, you don't care how stupid you look.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i've had it a couple of years and this was the first time it has hurt in over a year as a matter of fact. however i think what did happen once i looked it up is i had used a brace for my walk the other day and i think i may have put it on too tight and it caused it to flame up yesterday. but that's just guesswork

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hate when I hate something for many years then suddenly I start liking it but then it’s too late to like it cause now it’s not relevant anymore.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
yeah i hate that too, or songs you hated as a kid than at some point you got the lyrics and now you love it for example there's a billy joel song called Code of Silence than i hated for years when i was growing up than i fell for a girl when i was a freshman and i understood the lyrics now it's a favorite go figure. or your tastes change for example Hendrix has never been a favorite of mine but there are songs of his i like. but he was a Genius at playing a guitar and is the only guy who could literally have the damn thing speak to him well that's how i view it anyways.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
People who allow their delusional but sincerely held thoughts, ideas and baseless beliefs to guide their every waking moment, and depend on their corrupted cognitive abilities to process what ever dubious and unsubstantiated garbage that feeds into the toxic narrative that is viscerally seated, and then lap it right up. The concept of confirmation bias being beyond their comprehension.

Missguided and ignorant to the fact that they are little more than litter blowing in the wind. Narcissistic in nature and lacking all social graces , there is little point excoriateing them as it would bounce off.

Somehow everyone everywhere is to blame for their nauseating existence, which is of no tangible value to everyone everywhere.

But yet, he has failed to understand that when I terminate a relationship it's for life. But keeping phoning from a new number to bypass the blocked number.

It's not me.. right?

Last edited:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
books that Ramble on about certain shit for example yesterday early morning i finished the 2nd Bones book by Kathy Reichs called Death Du Jour (1999) and in it i can think of 2 sections that had her rambling 1.i can't remember what it was about but the 2nd one was about cults while it's true a cult was involved in the crime in that book but they were talking about the different kinds of cults there are and so on but it went on for pages upon pages and it just bored me to death and it slowed the book to a f..... halt and it picked right back up after it stopped. than there were a couple more times when she got more info about them and it wasn't as bad but it was just plain boring. though the book itself was a good one though

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
there's nothing wrong with being lazy but there is a difference if you are at work and being lazy than that's rightly so not having a tolerance for that but if you are at home and there are days when you don't feel like doing anything if you can help it there's nothing wrong with that either.

Rove i remember back in (1989) though we went in i think May to Disney World we were in shorts all the time there but when we came back i remember freezing our asses off. i can't remember if that was the year we came back and there was snow or not? but i do remember coming back to weather that cold as hell.

that i hated well that and coming home of course too

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I have probably said this before but people who hog the shelves in supermarkets, touching all the food to decide which piece of salmon or bacon they want. It does my head in. Just pick a packet ffs!!! And we shouldn't be handling everything like that at the minute anyway! Just move!!!!!!

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
there is the simple fact that they just don't give a f... they don't yes they are that stupid, Rain i don't mind rain most of the time but we have an entire week of it coming here and ya think that's enough?

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have probably said this before but people who hog the shelves in supermarkets, touching all the food to decide which piece of salmon or bacon they want. It does my head in. Just pick a packet ffs!!! And we shouldn't be handling everything like that at the minute anyway! Just move!!!!!!
This drives me nuts as well! I was in the supermarket last night and I couldn’t believe the things I was seeing. People touching every can on the shelves, putting the produce up to their noses and smelling it then putting it back, not a good idea in this day and age.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
This drives me nuts as well! I was in the supermarket last night and I couldn’t believe the things I was seeing. People touching every can on the shelves, putting the produce up to their noses and smelling it then putting it back, not a good idea in this day and age.

I've lost my temper more than once and just said 'EXCUSE ME' in a really firm tone to give them the message!

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
I usually just stand behind them and look at my watch and time them to see how long it takes to finally move. And once they do I yell HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I recite to myself, or on occasion out loud, a lyric that fits moments like these. By Obie Trice.. "aggravated by picky crackheads, who dunno which rock to choose"