Dallas Random Thought Thread

Sea - Boo! - Er

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
9
 
Awards
21
Up to "Road Work" - the first appearance of Tracy Lawton. I still like her the best of Bobby's latterday lovers, but I'm noticing more and more (with the benefit of hindsight) that they've really been positioning April all along. At the time I never saw her as a serious contender at all.
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
Up to "Road Work" - the first appearance of Tracy Lawton. I still like her the best of Bobby's latterday lovers, but I'm noticing more and more (with the benefit of hindsight) that they've really been positioning April all along. At the time I never saw her as a serious contender at all.
I figured April would end up with Bobby as soon as Cally was introduced. Dallas needed her as a female lead at that point. If she's not with JR or Cliff, she almost had to be paired with Bobby to keep her relevant.
 

Piggyrella Sanderson

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
25
Up to "Road Work" - the first appearance of Tracy Lawton. I still like her the best of Bobby's latterday lovers, but I'm noticing more and more (with the benefit of hindsight) that they've really been positioning April all along. At the time I never saw her as a serious contender at all.
So you´ve already seen that awful scene with April bitching out load in public to Bobby´s Bo-Derek clone date? I think I vomited back in the day...
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
he looks like a porn star from back than lol. that's why i haven't rushed to watch that era of Dallas. i've been in the mood to watch it again for some reason i start with the pilot and burn out during season 4. but that's a good season so i dunno why?
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
having said that i started watching this again and i watched Reunion Part 2 tonight i just finished with Old Acquaintance but on the audio commentary to Reunion part 2 they were talking about budget and Hagman admitted he got greedy. i had forgotten he did that and i can respect him for acknowledging that
 

Spooky Owl!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
23
About halfway through season 12 now and it's struck me just how nice Cliff has become. He's let the hate go, he's a partner in Ewing Oil, he's just so contented. And the crazy has worn off, too.

I want curbside video to pop up revealing JR going into Aunt Maggie's house -- or wherever it was -- carrying a shoebox. Turns out he planted it there, with fake evidence, and now Cliff's vengeful rage is back!


"But Cliff, my bastard son made up all that sh*t...."
57726558_1379259765549982_6247562529451540480_n.jpg


Which makes his TNT Dallas personality quite baffling.

Brain lesions, borne of late-onset neurofibromatosis. It's also what killed oldPam (sorry, Victoria, who's about to turn 80 -- not 76) whose fiery crash weakened her immune system.



"I want to save Bobby -- and Christopher -- the pain of knowing that Jeanne O'Brien will be dead in six months..."
66e5ef59a10dcb872b1c0ef936d8fbec.jpg
 

Sea - Boo! - Er

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
9
 
Awards
21
In "Wedding Bell Blues", Sue Ellen tells Don that Lucy and Mitch's wedding was "seven or eight years ago."
Was this supposed to be a joke? It was eight years in real time but seven if you leave out the dream.
 

Spooky Owl!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
23
In "Wedding Bell Blues", Sue Ellen tells Don that Lucy and Mitch's wedding was "seven or eight years ago."
Was this supposed to be a joke? It was eight years in real time but seven if you leave out the dream.

My guess is that they were trying to accommodate both counts, dream and non-dream.

During the Wes Parmalee season, they said Jock disappeared five years ago and four years ago, just an episode or two apart.
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
My guess is that they were trying to accommodate both counts, dream and non-dream.

During the Wes Parmalee season, they said Jock disappeared five years ago and four years ago, just an episode or two apart.
Time was always weird on Dallas anyway. Given that the cliffhangers made it necessary to have the day of the end of one season be the first day of the new season, you could argue that time kinda stood still in that show anyway.
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
Scrolling through Dallas video clips and today it struck me how in a city as big as Dallas characters always managed to bump into each other so often at restaurants and stores and even just walking down the street. I live in a small town and I rarely see family or friends out when I am shopping. Seems a little too convenient.
 

Jock-O-Lantern

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
1
 
Awards
7
Scrolling through Dallas video clips and today it struck me how in a city as big as Dallas characters always managed to bump into each other so often at restaurants and stores and even just walking down the street. I live in a small town and I rarely see family or friends out when I am shopping. Seems a little too convenient.

I've noticed that too. I can understand the Oil Barons Club, because everybody hung out there. But they'd run into each at random restaurants across the city. One example was when Jock was having lunch with Julie Gray and Bobby and Pam just happen to show up.
 
Top