What If

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
6
I don't like JR's reaction to Ray possibly sleeping with Vanessa. He keeps going on about 'his woman' when referring to Vanessa. To me it's out of character for JR to refer to Vanessa as 'his woman', 'that woman' would be more in character. Now the fool has opened up another can of worms.
JR, you are a dumbass!

It's a valid point. But JR tends to view women (other than Sue Ellen) as objects. At the time Ray would have slept with Vanessa, he believed they were in a committed relationship. She was "his" at the time. JR's anger isn't about his feelings for Vanessa, it's about Ray coming in where JR had marked his territory. Hopefully, that will all be cleared up in the next chapter.

Plus - from a writing standpoint, I had to make it believable that Ray and Sue Ellen both thought JR was talking about THEM, not Vanessa.
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
This is getting juicy!

I actually think perhaps Ray's confusion might come from having no previous interaction with Vanessa. When would ranch hand Ray Krebbs have left the US to go abroad to Vienna, London, Paris wherever etc. in the late 60s? I'm more inclined to think that it's a different Ewing that fathered James. Perhaps Jock? Jason?
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Great drama!
Somehow I never thought that dirty little secret would come out. So embarrassing for Sue Ellen.

So JR is not James daddy. Looking forward to find out who is. :)
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I just went from an orgasmic YES!!!!!! to holding my breath and whispering ‘Oh f***’ within seconds.

Fabulous.....!
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Oh s**t not again. Why does something always have to come along to ruin JR and Sue Ellen's happy ever after. I'm sad now.
But at the same time when Ray slept with Sue Ellen I kinda wanted to beat him up myself for taking advantage of her so.....
Please let them find a way past this.
Can't wait (though I'm also a bit scared now) to see what happens next.

By the way, is it messed up that I REALLY want it to turn out to be Jock lol?
 
Last edited:

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I was thinking Jack now I’m thinking Jock.

I don’t care who it is as long as it’s not JR!!!!!

I will end with one word JR - Kristin.
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
I was thinking Jack now I’m thinking Jock.

I don’t care who it is as long as it’s not JR!!!!!

I will end with one word JR - Kristin.

My thought exactly and he was stone cold sober and knew she was Sue Ellen's sister. I hope he remembers that as he deals with this.
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
I’m pretty sure he will pull the ‘but you didn’t tell me’ card.

Probably. I've got my fingers crossed he'll try to understand when he calms down though. He's my boy and I'd hate to have to threaten him with the iron.
But if the hag dares show her face again........
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
It’s ok. I love him too. But I love her more.

Pass the Iron to me and you can guard The Bath.
 

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
6
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.


This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?


***


What If


Part 93


***


JR sat back in his chair, his furious eyes narrowed on Ray's bruised and swollen face.


"Here," Clayton handed him a glass of straight up bourbon. "Drink this "


"Now," Miss Ellie said, her voice calm but firm, "JR, what on Earth is going on?"


"Ask Ray," JR growled. "He's the one who has made a lifelong habit of having sex with my women."


"Now hold on, JR," Ray objected. "I already told you it only happened once. And I hardly think you're in any position to throw stones here. It's not like you haven't crawled into bed with women I cared about. Remember Garnett?"


"At least she wasn't your wife," JR shot back. "I could forgive you for Vanessa, I don't care one bit about her. But Sue Ellen? My WIFE, Ray?"


"Vanessa?" Ray repeated. "What the hell are you talking about?"


"Just stop lying, Ray," JR growled. "May as well confess to that one too. Dr. Parks has the DNA. And I don't care. I was furious you were with a woman I was dating, but that SERIOUSLY pales against you having sex with my WIFE."


"Look, I don't know what you're talking about," Ray insisted. "I never laid one finger on Vanessa. As for Sue Ellen… look, JR. She was drunk and neglected and vulnerable.I had had a few beers myself. I took advantage of the situation. I didn't know we were brothers and we never even talked about it afterwards. It was a mistake."


"A mistake," JR mocked. "She's my wife, Ray. I love that woman more than anything else in this world. How am I supposed to look her in the eyes knowing she slept with my own brother?"


"I don't know, JR," Ray said evenly. "How does she look you in the eyes knowing that YOU slept with HER sister?"


"That's not…" JR stopped and took a deep breath, "it's not the same."


"You're right, JR," Ray's voice was low. "You had a full blown affair with Kristin. Me and Sue Ellen had a one night stand. Oh, and no one got knocked up from our mistake. You can't say the same, can you?"


"Jesus," Clayton said under his breath.


"My affair with Kristin doesn't let you off the hook, Ray."


"No, it doesn't," Ray sighed. "JR, you"re my brother and I love you. God knows I love Sue Ellen like a sister and so does Jenna. It was a drunken mistake. It meant nothing to either of us and we never told you because it would only bring a bunch of hurt about something that doesn't even matter."


"It matters to me," JR said, his voice ragged.


"Why?" Ray pushed him. *What does you knowing change? I'm still your brother. Still the same guy I was when you left the house this morning. Sue Ellen is still the same woman you married a few weeks ago. She still loves you with all her heart. She has forgiven you for so much. You have got to forgive her for this."


"It's not about forgiving her," JR bowed his head. "It's about living with it."


"You have to figure out a way to do that,* Ray shrugged. "Unless you want to lose her. And me too, for that matter."


"No," JR said quietly. "I don't want that."


"JR, it meant nothing. To me or to her. I swear it. And as for Vanessa, I don't even remember ever meeting her, much less sleeping with her."


"It had to be you, Ray," JR said solemnly. "Dr. Parks says the DNA proved I'm not James's father, but that I am closely related to him. He's my nephew or my cousin. It can't be Bobby or Gary. That leaves you."


"There's no way it's me," Ray insisted. "Not possible."


"Bobby would have told me the minute James showed up," JR said thoughtfully. "I guess I'd better call Gary and talk to him."


"Gary had already left," Ellie interjected. "It can't be him JR, maybe Dr. Parks is wrong."


"I highly doubt it, Mama. He ran the test twice. Same results both times."


"JR…" Jack hesitated, speaking up for the first time, "you said James could be a cousin?"


"Don't worry, Jack," JR laughed harshly. "You're not a suspect. You were just a kid."


"Yes," Jack agreed, "but…" he raised his eyes and fixed them on Ellie's face.


"But what?" JE prodded. He followed the directions of Jack's gaze and shook his head. "It wasn't Daddy," JR assured his mother. "Dr. Parks said cousin or nephew, not a brother."


"Yes," Ellie sighed heavily. "But you had an uncle…"


"Jason?" JR asked. "He'd already left Dallas by then."


"We came back a few times," Jack informed him. "Jason begged off Jock and Ellie more than once.*


"It's true, JR," Ellie confirmed. "I don't know if the exact timing would work out… but it's possible…"


"If I go in and give my DNA, could Dr. Parks tell if James and I were brothers?"


"I guess," JR shrugged. "It's just hard for me to believe Vanessa and Jason… he was old enough to be her father."


"In those days he was still handsome," Jack told him. "He had a way with the ladies."


"Call Dr. Parks," Ellie instructed him. "Set up a test for Jack."


"Yes, ma"am," JR agreed.


"Good," Ellie nodded. "Now that's settled and everyone is calmer, the rest of us should leave Ray and JR alone to talk. No more fighting, JR. Do I make myself clear?"


"Yes, ma'am," JR repeated, sulking.


"Call Dr. Parks first. Clayton and I will drive Jack and James into Dallas. The sooner all of this gets cleared up, the better."


***


It had been hours. Sue Ellen had cried and cried, so much that she couldn't believe she still had tears left.


If she lived a hundred more years, she'd never forget the look on JR's face the exact moment he understood what Ray's words meant. The anguish. The anger. The betrayal. The pure, raw hurt.


"He will never forgive me," she whispered to herself. *He will never get over it and he'll never forgive me."


She began sobbing again. Damn her and her secrets. Nothing ever stayed buried forever. JR could have dealt with anything else. But not this. Never this


***


"You holding up okay?" JR asked James. He and the others had just gotten back from Dr. Parks' office.


"I guess so," James shrugged. "Maybe I'm just in shock."


"The important thing to remember is that you're a Ewing now. I may not be your father, but you found your family."


"Is Sue Ellen alright?" James asked abruptly.


"I don't know," JR admitted. "I haven't gotten up the nerve to face her yet."


"Guess that's understandable. Listen, John Ross and Christopher are pretty upset."


"What?" JR's eyes grew wide. He'd been so lost in his own torment, he hadn't even thought about the boys. "Yes. I imagine they are. I guess I should go talk to them."


"They're out by the pool with Bobby and Pam," James said helpfully.


"Thanks," JR nodded. "And welcome to the family."


***


"Are you okay?"


*Yeah," Jack sighed heavily. "This isn't exactly how I expected today to go though."


"Do you really think James could be your brother?"


"It would be a wild coincidence. I would be surprised, but not shocked. Jason was a womanizer back in those days."


"How are you going to feel if it turns out to be true?"


"I'll deal with it, I guess. James seems like a decent kid. Might be nice to have a brother. I only wish Jamie was here to meet him too."


"I hope it all works out for everyone," April sighed. "I'm really worried about Sue Ellen. I went up to check on her but she told me to go away."


"She has to be devastated. What an awful way for JR to find out about her and Ray. She has to be so embarrassed. Do you think JR will forgive her?"


"Yes," April's voice was full of conviction. "He loves her. It'll be hard, but they'll get through it."


"Probably. Listen, I know we were supposed to go out to dinner tonight, but I think we ought to stay close to home. Just in case."


"I agree. Sue Ellen might need a friend who isn't a Ewing "


"Would you…"


"Would I what?"


"Would you like to be a Ewing again, April?"


"Jack.. what are you asking me?"


"I had a whole romantic thing planned," he laughed ruefully. "Dinner, dancing, wine. But I guess it wasn't meant to be that way."


He pulled the velvet box out of his pocket and sank down onto one knee in front of her. "April?" he opened the box and offered her the ring. "Will you marry me?"


April blinked several times and shook her head.


"Is that a no?" Jack asked, jis voice low and seductive. "Now, honey, you're not going to turn me down are you?"


April swallowed hard and shook her head again. "No," she finally choked out.


"No you won't marry me or no you aren't turning me down?"


"I will never turn you down, Jack. Not ever again. Yes. Yes I will marry you."


She lunged forward to hug him and knocked him over. He laughed as they tumbled onto the floor together. He pulled her head down to his and kissed her deeply. "I love you," he said when he broke the kiss. "And I can't wait until you're my wife again."


***


"Do you both understand?"


John Ross and Christopher looked up at him with wide eyes.


"You and Uncle Ray won't fight anymore?" Christopher asked.


"Never say never," JR told him. "But we're okay with each other now."


"What about Mama?" John Ross asked.


"What about her?"


"Do you still love her?"


JR sighed heavily and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. He'd been so lucky. The boys had seen the fight, but hadn't been close enough to hear the ugly words that were spoken. All they knew is that he and Ray had a big blow up and that whatever they had been fighting about had upset Sue Ellen very badly. JR had simply told them that it was grown up stuff, related to something that happened years before either of them were born and that he and Ray had talked things through.


"John Ross," JR said, choosing his words carefully. "There will never be a day when I stop loving your mama. We're both very upset right now and we have some things to work out, but everything will be fine."


"But you didn't go after her. She was crying and you just let her go."


"Yes," JR admitted. "I was very angry. I still am. But I'm going to go talk to her now. Listen, nothing in life will ever be perfect. Your mother and I are going to fight over this - and we'll fight over other stuff in the future. But we love each other. That won't change."


"And no one will leave?" Christopher asked, his voice a mixture of fear and hope.


"That's right," JR said, reaching out to pull both boys into his arms. "No one will ever leave again."


***


"Oh, Ray. This is awful."


"I know, Jenna," Ray sighed into the phone. "All these years and he never knew. Then to find out the way he did, in front of the whole family. He reacted badly, but honestly, he took it better than I ever thought he would."


"What about Sue Ellen? Is she okay?"


"I don't know. She won't see anyone."


"What a mess."


"Yeah. And now, not knowing exactly how James fits into things…."


"Someone should go see Vanessa. Find out the truth."


"You couldn't get the truth out of that woman with a chainsaw and a set of industrial strength pliers. We"ll know tomorrow when Jack and James's results come in."


"Yes, but still, aren't you curious as to how she even knew Jason, let alone knew him well enough to sleep with him?"


"A little," Ray admitted. "But I feel like I need to stay out of it. I got enough trouble with JR without sticking my nose in about James."


"Do you think he's really forgiven you?"


"Yes. But forgiving and accepting are two different things. I'm afraid it's going to be a very long time before he can look at me and see Ray his brother and not Ray the man who had sex with his wife."


"God, I wish he'd never found out. He and Sue Ellen were so happy. The family was so close."


"I know," Ray sighed. "But this is going to be a hard thing for JR to get over. If I were in his shoes, I'm not sure I even could do it."


"You got over me and Bobby," Jenna reminded him.


"Yeah, but I knew about that before you and I ever got together. It's not like you and Bobby slept together after me and you got married."


"The old JR… Ray, I'm worried about what he might do. To you and to Sue Ellen."


"I hear you, Jenna. It's crossed my mind that this might be enough to make him revert to his old ways. I'm just not sure what anyone can do about it."


***


JR opened the bedroom door quietly. His eyes went to the bed. He saw his wife lying on her side away from him and he could hear her soft sobs.


"Please go away," she said in a ragged voice. "I don't want to talk to anyone."


"It's me, Sue Ellen," he sighed heavily. "And we have to talk. Whether you want to or not."


Sue Ellen sat up slowly and pushed her hair away from her face. "How did you find out?"


"I didn't. I had no idea. I came home mad as hell because James's paternity test proved he was a relative. I figure Ray had slept with Vanessa. I had no clue about you and him."


"You were...you were that upset and jealous over Vanessa?"


"No." JR walked over and sat down on the bed beside her. "Not about Vanessa. About the fact that he would sleep with any woman I was involved with. Imagine my shock when I discovered it was my wife and not just a girlfriend."


"Oh, JR… I should have told you years ago."


"No," JR shook his head. "I told you before that sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie. If I had known before, well, hell Sue Ellen, I don't know if I could have handled it."


"Can you handle it now?"


"I don't have a choice," he told her, getting up to grab a box of tissue from her vanity. "Here," he handed it to her and sat back down.


She took the tissue and wiped at the tears on her face. "There's always a choice, JR."


"Not this time. Not for me. Ray is my brother. And you… you know how much I love you. I don't think I could live without you and I don't have any intention of trying to find out."


"So… what does that mean for us? Where do we go from here?"


"I need time, Sue Ellen. I'm still in shock. I'm still mad as hell. I can't just pretend I don't know."


"I know that, JR."


"Ray said you were drunk and vulnerable and he took advantage of you. Is that true, Sue Ellen?"


She shifted uncomfortably and dropped her gaze to the quilt on the bed. "I was drunk, yes. I was so sad and angry. So, yes, I guess I was vulnerable. But it's not fair to lay all the blame on Ray."


"Why were you so sad and angry?"


"I… JR, I wanted you. I stupidly tried to seduce you. You got angry and stormed out on me. So I drank and drank and suddenly, Ray was there…"


"Was it good?" JR demanded, his voice suddenly turning harsh. "Do you ever think about him when you and I…" he couldn't finish. The very thought made him sick at his stomach.


"JR," Sue Ellen reached out and hesitantly covered his hand with hers. "The truth is I don't even remember it. Not really. I woke up the next morning knowing what had happened, but not having any detailed memories of it. He tried to talk to me the next day. I wouldn't even look at him. It took me months before I could even stand to look at him. After a while," she shrugged, "the whole thing faded from my mind."


"You're not still attracted to him?"


"I wasn't attracted to him then, JR. He was just...there. And he's your brother! I love him, but as a brother. That's all JR."


JR studied her face carefully and decided she was telling him the truth. "I need time, Sue Ellen," he said again.


"You can have all the time you want," she told him. "Just don't…"


"Don't what?"


"Don't use this as an excuse to go back to your old ways. Don't shut me out and make me feel like nothing. I couldn't stand that, JR."


He reached out and gently cupped her face in his hands. "I won't go back to my old ways, Sue Ellen. There won't be any other women. I won't push you aside. There won't be separate bedrooms or separate lives. But it won't be easy. I won't lie to you about that."


"Okay, JR."


He leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead. "Your eyes and lips are swollen," he told her. "Go clean yourself up and come downstairs. The family needs to see us together - especially the boys."


"Alright, JR. I'm so sorry."


"I know," he stood up and walked over to the door. He turned to look at her and locked eyes with her. "I love you, Sue Ellen. Don't ever doubt me again. If I didn't, I'd be gone."


Sue Ellen watched him leave the room and tears started flowing from her eyes again. "Dear God," she whispered to the empty room, "please let him forgive me."


***
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Right ok.

Beautiful update.

However.

How many times has she forgiven you you massive child?! Stop acting like a bellend.

Sue Ellen - get up, put your best dress on, stop crying and let him know you’re now EVEN! I know you can do this!!!!

Secondly. A chainsaw?? Really?

For Vanessa??

Oh let me play. Pleeeeeeeease.
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Right ok.

Beautiful update.

However.

How many times has she forgiven you you massive child?! Stop acting like a bellend.

Sue Ellen - get up, put your best dress on, stop crying and let him know you’re now EVEN! I know you can do this!!!!

Secondly. A chainsaw?? Really?

For Vanessa??

Oh let me play. Pleeeeeeeease.

Me too. I'll bring my hammer.

I hope JR will put on his big boy pants and work to get past this. Just like his wife always has. And especially after that mess with Kristen (which I was happy to see Ray call him out on, even though his hypocritical attitude about Garnett still pi***s me off).
I wanna see my girl dry her eyes and hold her head high like the queen she is.
 

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
6
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.


This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?


***


What If


Part 94


***


"Well? Have you asked her yet?"


Jack looked up and saw Clayton taking a seat beside him. "I did. She said yes. We talked about it and decided that tonight wasn't a good time to make an announcement, so I put the ring back in my pocket for now."


"Wise decision. Too much tension here tonight to announce a wedding."


"I feel like I should talk to him," Jack nodded his head at James, who was playing horseshoes with Lucy and the boys, "but I don't know what to say."


"If he turns out to be your brother, it'll be a huge adjustment for you both. Probably for the best to take your time and let a relationship develop naturally."


"Probably," Jack agreed. "I know he's disappointed. He really wanted JR to be his father."


"No," Ray said, coming over to sit with them. "He wanted a family. He found one. He'll be fine."


"I hope so," Jack said. "I don't want to be one more in a long string of life disappointments for that kid."


***


"JR?"


"Yeah?" He was sitting alone on the couch in the living room nursing a drink. The rest of the family were all out by the pool, but he wanted to be alone.


"Are you alright? Everyone is looking for you."


"No they're not, Bob," JR growled. "Everyone's relieved I'm not out there causing stress."


"That's not true, JR."


"Ray was the first time she cheated," JR mused. "I always thought it was Barnes."


"JR, don't do this."


"Do what? Face the truth?"


"No. Torture yourself. What does any of it matter now? You two have long since worked through your problems."


JR was silent for a minute, sipping on his drink. "She was a good wife to me," he finally said in a flat voice. "Supportive. Loving. The perfect hostess. The perfect woman to have on my arm at social events. And I loved her, Bob. I really did. But I couldn't…"


"Couldn't what?"


"She was a lady. She was... untouchable. I wanted her but I couldn't reconcile those feelings with my vision of her as pure. Ray's right. I neglected her. Horribly. I took her for granted. Used her like a trophy to show off in public and then put back in the case when I was done with her."


"JR, that was then. Things have changed."


"Yes," JR agreed. "Things changed. Took me years. But it's all my fault. If I hadn't treated her so damn badly she never would have broken her vows. Not with Ray, not with anyone else. It's my fault. And now…"


"What?"


"Now I don't know how to face her."


Bobby sighed and walked over to sit beside his brother. "JR, you're being ridiculous. What happened between her and Ray all those years ago doesn't wipe out what you are to each other now. There's no reason not to face her. She loves you so much. She's out there now, putting on a brave face, but we all see how scared she is. You sat next to her at dinner but didn't speak one word to her, didn't even glance in her direction. How do you think that made her feel?"


"Awful," JR admitted.


"Yeah. Well, maybe instead of sitting her wallowing in guilt about how you neglected your wife all those years ago, you need to get out there and make sure you're not neglecting her now. Don't make the same mistake again, JR. Sue Ellen isn't the same woman she was back then. She loves you, but she'll only put up with so much crap from you."


Bobby got up and walked from the room before JR could reply. He sat there and drained the rest of his drink, taking comfort in the quiet solace of being alone.


***


"The boys seem to be taking all the drama pretty well."


Lucy looked up at James and shrugged. "Sad to say, they're used to it. We all are. Constant drama is part of being a Ewing."


"I gathered that already," James chuckled. "Still, everyone seems to still be on speaking terms at least."


"How do you feel about possibly being Jack's brother?"


"I don't know. I haven't spent a lot of time with him."


"He's a really great guy once you get to know him."


"Yeah. Lucy, do you think maybe you could drive me into town tomorrow morning?"


"Sure. What for?"


"I want to talk to my mother."


"Really? You sure that's a good idea?"


"No," he confessed. "But I have to know. She was here in Dallas and had a whirlwind affair with JR. So when did she meet Jack's dad? And how did she end up sleeping with him? And why did my father know about JR but not about Jason? I have so many questions. The paternity test will answer a few but my mother is the only one who can answer the rest."


"Do you know where she's staying?"


"Yeah. I hate to impose but would really appreciate not having to be alone with her."


"No worries, James," Lucy smiled at him. "After all, that's what cousins are for."


***


"Ladies."


Patricia and Sue Ellen both turned their heads at the sound of JR's voice. He bent down and placed a soft kiss on the top of Sue Ellen's head and sat down between them. "Hot out tonight. Tempted to join the boys in the pool."


"It's awfully muggy," Patricia agreed. "In fact, I think I need another iced tea. Can I get either of you anything?"


Sue Ellen and JR both shook their heads and thanked her. She nodded and stood up to walk away from the table.


JR sighed and settled down into his seat. He reached over and grabbed Sue Ellen's hand and put it on his knee. "How are you feeling?"


"I don't know, JR," her tone had a hint of ice to it. "The whole family found out I slept with Ray. My husband is furious with me. My children are confused and scared. You ignored me all the way through dinner and now come out here to hold my hand and put on a show for the family. How should I feel?"


"I'm not putting on a show for anyone," he told her. "I came over here because I wanted to be near you."


"Is that right?" she asked bitterly. "Because after dinner, it seemed as if you couldn't get away from me fast enough!"


"I needed to be alone."


"Really? So is this how it's going to be while you 'work through' things? Running from me one minute and demanding my attention the next? And I guess I am supposed to just bounce around at your pleasure like a ping pong ball while you sulk over finding out I've done something to you that you've done to me a hundred times?"


JR narrowed his eyes on her face. She was angry. Her eyes were dark. Her cheeks were flush. He knew that look as well as he knew the back of his own hand. "I told you I was going to need time."


"Time for what, JR? You can either accept that I slept with Ray or you can't. It happened so damn many years ago and after all the women you have brought into our bed -literally in some cases - how dare you…"


"Shut up," he growled under his breath.


"What did you just say to me?!"


""Look," he moved his head close to hers and whispered into her ear, "the boys are watching us."


Sue Ellen glanced over at John Ross and Christopher and saw that JR was right. She took a deep breath and turned her head to face him. "I love you, JR," she whispered. "But I don't see why you should expect me to suffer for something that happened so long ago. Not when I have forgiven you for worse time after time after time."


"Come on," he grunted, standing up and holding his hand out to her.


"Come where?"


"Upstairs," he said so softly that no one else could hear.


"Why?"


"You know why," he mocked her. "Ray. Cliff. Nicholas. They all happened because I neglected you, pushed you away. Not making that same mistake now."


"You think having sex will make everything better between us?"


"Yes," he said truthfully. "I need to be close to you right now."


"JR…"


"Come on," he commanded her again. "Don't make me pick you up and carry you upstairs kicking and screaming."


"You wouldn't dare," she challenged. "You've been embarrassed enough in front of the family today."


"Want to try me Sue Ellen?" his voice was low and dangerous. "I don't care one bit about being embarrassed. I need you. And you need to feel me inside you. I'm not taking no for an answer. Come quietly or make a scene, but you're coming."


Sue Ellen let out a low, protesting groan but took his hand and stood up. She followed him into the house and up the stairs to their bedroom. He shut the door and locked it then moved to stand so close to her their bodies almost touched.


"Listen hear, Miss Texas," he growled, "this isn't easy for me but I'm trying. I won't promise you I'll behave perfectly or react the way you always want me to in every situation. But I know it's all my fault. All of it. I don't blame you. I don't blame Ray. I blame myself. And if you think it's easy for me to look you in the eye and admit what I did to you is easy for me, then you're crazy."


"I won't have you acting like you can't stand the sight of me because you're feeling guilty, JR."


He laughed at her words and moved quickly. Before she could react, she found herself flat on her back with him on top of her.


"Feel that?" he ground his hips into hers. "Does that feel like I can't stand the sight of you?"


"JR…"


Her words were lost in his mouth. He kissed her with a passion that was so strong, it was almost brutal.


"You're mine," he ground out. "You always have been."


"And you're mine!" she shot back angrily.


"Yes," he agreed, putting his hands between their bodies to remove their clothes. "And I always will be."


***
 
Last edited:

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Bobby sighed and walked over to sit beside his brother. "JR, you're being ridiculous. What happened between her and Ray all those years ago doesn't wipe out what you are to each other now. There's no reason not to face her. She loves you so much. She's out there now, putting on a brave face, but we all see how scared she is. You sat next to her at dinner but didn't speak one word to her, didn't even glance in her direction. How do you think that made her feel?"


"Awful," JR admitted.


"Yeah. Well, maybe instead of sitting her wallowing in guilt about how you neglected your wife all those years ago, you need to get out there and make sure you're not neglecting her now. Don't make the same mistake again, JR. Sue Ellen isn't the same woman she was back then. She loves you, but she'll only put up with so much crap from you."

Go Bobby! Go Bobby!.

"I don't know, JR," her tone had a hint of ice to it. "The whole family found out I slept with Ray. My husband is furious with me. My children are confused and scared. You ignored me all the way through dinner and now come out here to hold my hand and put on a show for the family. How should I feel?"


"I'm not putting on a show for anyone," he told her. "I came over here because I wanted to be near you."


"Is that right?" she asked bitterly. "Because after dinner, it seemed as if you couldn't get away from me fast enough!"


"I needed to be alone."


"Really? So is this how it's going to be while you 'work through' things? Running from me one minute and demanding my attention the next? And I guess I am supposed to just bounce around at your pleasure like a ping pong ball while you sulk over finding out I've done something to you that you've done to me a hundred times?"


JR narrowed his eyes on her face. She was angry. Her eyes were dark. Her cheeks were flush. He knew that look as well as he knew the back of his own hand. "I told you I was going to need time."


"Time for what, JR? You can either accept that I slept with Ray or you can't. It happened so damn many years ago and after all the women you have brought into our bed -literally in some cases - how dare you…"

YES! YES! YES! Let him have it Sue Ellen.. That's my girl. Again I'm so bloody proud. Love it when she stands up for herself.

So much so that I interrupted my reading before the angry sex that I'm 99% sure is coming to comment.
Now I'm going back up to finish.
 
Last edited:

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
"Come on," he grunted, standing up and holding his hand out to her.


"Come where?"


"Upstairs," he said so softly that no one else could hear.


"Why?"


"You know why," he mocked her. "Ray. Cliff. Nicholas. They all happened because I neglected you, pushed you away. Not making that same mistake now."


"You think having sex will make everything better between us?"


"Yes," he said truthfully. "I need to be close to you right now."


"JR…"


"Come on," he commanded her again. "Don't make me pick you up and carry you upstairs kicking and screaming."

Just like I thought. Typical JR. But I suppose it'll release some tension briefly.
I have faith they'll get through this though (I have to).

Also, because I obviously got distracted, I just wanna say that even though Pam is back I LOVE that Sue Ellen still says "My children".
 
Top